The Lato is a standard issue pistol for new Tenno recruits. While its damage suffers, its good accuracy and stability as well as fast reload allows easy handling of the weapon.
The weapon can also be purchased from the Market for 10,000.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health and shields (although Puncture and Impact is much better against the respective damage classes).
- Good fire rate.
- Low recoil.
- Good accuracy.
- High reload speed.
- Lato, compared to Lato Prime:
- Lower base damage (43.1 vs. 44.0)
- Smaller magazine (15 rounds vs. 20 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (45 rounds vs. 40 rounds)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 14)
- Lato, compared to Lato Vandal:
- See Category:Lato Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Lato Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Lato was originally intended to fit in more with the other wood and metal aesthetic Tenno weapons have, its original design can seen be seen in this concept art (top right). The Lato Prime is still based on that old design.
- Additionally the Lato was visually reworked in Update 19 and its default skin changed from black and metal grey to the black white red color scheme of Excalibur.
- This weapon is used by the Grineer Lancers in Vor's Prize as a low damage alternative to the Grakatas they normally wield. It is also used by them in Mastery Rank Promotion Tests.
- The Lato received a buff to its damage and critical stats in Update 14.0 to bring it in line with the new MK1 weapons. The Aklato however did not receive this buff until Update 15.16.
- It was seen in the Dark Sector original concept video.
- Though the word Lato has a variety of meanings in different languages, the usage here may be in Italian where it means "side", a nod to the weapon itself being a sidearm.
- Aklato, the akimbo counterpart of the Lato.
- Lato Prime, the Prime counterpart of the Lato.
- Lato Vandal, an exclusive Lotus upgrade to the Lato.
- Bolto, a bolt-firing pistol that uses the Lato in crafting.
- Braton, an assault rifle that shares the same theme.
- Skana, a sword that shares the same theme.