The Lanka is a Corpus sniper rifle unlockable through Energy Lab Research in the Dojo. This sniper rifle uses a charged-shot mechanic that deals increased damage by holding down the weapon attack button for 1 second. A fully charged shot boasts impressive damage, but is slow and somewhat inconsistent due to its charge-up mechanic and projectile travel time.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- Highest base damage of all sniper rifles when fully charged.
- Largest magazine size of all sniper rifles.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- Fairly slow charge speed of 1 second.
- Projectiles have travel time, hindering its long-ranged use.
- Extremely inaccurate hip fire/non-aim shooting.
- Charged shots can be fired at 33% charge, sacrificing damage in exchange for fire rate.
- The Lanka's shots can be controlled by Ivara's Navigator.
- It performs optimally at the edge of an open air map.
- All 'charge weapons' (guns) are now capable of holding their charge during a sprint, and as long as the user starts the charge, they are able to finish charging while they are still sprinting. This is a useful trait for the mobility of the user.
- Lanka is the name of an island fortress in Hindu mythology. This fortress is said to surpass even modern-day structures.
- The Lanka looks almost identical to the Snipetron, the original Corpus sniper rifle, which was removed from the market due to "lore issues".
- The Lanka is either a railgun or a coilgun. Two different real life weapon types that work by 'firing' projectiles using magnetism.
- In real life, projectiles fired by either gun would be accelerated to incredibly high speeds, so the slow projectile flight speed of the Lanka's shots may be to balance out the Lanka's high damage and accuracy.
- Given that the Lanka does not deal any kind of physical damage, it is likely shooting super-heated plasma projectiles accelerated using magnetic technology. This would also explain why the projectile's slow speed, as dense plasma does not follow the same ballistic principles as solid projectiles.
- The Lanka is used by Sniper Crewmen, The Sergeant, Nullifier Crewmen (as well as their corrupted counterparts), and Perrin Sequence Operatives.
- The text near the bottom of the barrel translates directly to "Luksor Forge", implying a possible creator to the Lanka's production.
- When aiming, a number of Corpus "words" can be seen in the reticle:
- The Corpus text near the bottom of the scope overlay spells out 'MARS', which might allude to which planet this weapon was manufactured on (which is supported by The Sergeant, who was the boss of Mars and is armed with a Lanka).
- The text immediately below the 'Distance to Target' indicator spells out 'DUD'.
- The text below the Zoom Level indicator reads "ROYOT KON RO".
- The text appearing and disappearing above the reticle, as well as that along the far righthand side of the scope spells out gibberish as "DFKJDHFKDSJ FJDKFHDS", and "DKFH KDYF ALKDSNFDK".
- The Lanka's projectile will shoot off in a random direction when the barrel is "in" a nearby enemy, due to the length of the weapon's barrel.
- Snipetron, the weapon that the Lanka's model is based on.
- The Sergeant, the boss that uses the Lanka.
- Sniper Crewmen, the Corpus units who use this weapon.
- Corrupted Nullifier, the Corrupted units who use this weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|