The Kraken is a Grineer burst pistol that fires two shots with one trigger pull, and is highly accurate at range. It is deadly in the hands of the Seeker, as its high Impact can easily destroy player shields in a single burst.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage - less effective against health.
- Low fire rate.
- Slow reload speed.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with three bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Kraken Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Kraken Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Kraken shoots two bullets in quick succession. Practice is recommended to fully master this weapon. Increasing the weapons rate of fire also decreases the gap between the bullets' firings.
- One can drop their aim to negate the kick on the second shot. With practice it is possible to snipe ranged targets, hitting with all bullets. If the first shot is aimed for the chest region, the recoil will knock the second bullet up, resulting in a headshot.
- Like the Sicarus pistol which also fires in bursts, timing is key to acquire maximum fire rate. Do not spam the fire button as the fire rate will be nearly half of what it should be. Instead, time your clicks accordingly to get the hang of when to correctly press the fire button.
- There is a small delay after firing where reloading can occur, unlike most weapons, so usually tapping the reload button after firing will not work and you must either double tap or wait a moment before reloading. This can be very annoying, and it is the same for the Sicarus as well.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Kraken was released on the 14th of February, 2013 with Update 6.3.
- The Kraken is a massive sea monster in Norse mythology, which is said to dwell off the coasts of Norway and Greenland.
- The Kraken is used in crafting the Kulstar.
- The large bulb in the front of the weapon with a cable running to it might be a flashlight of some sort, or possibly an infrared bulb. It could also be part of a targeting system, possibly connected to the Seekers visor.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Grineer Seeker, the Grineer unit that uses this weapon.
- Sybaris, a Tenno 2 round burst-fire rifle.
- Sicarus, a Tenno 3 round burst-fire pistol.
- Kulstar, weapon that uses the Kraken in its construction.