The Kestrel is a melee throwing weapon similar to the Glaive, capable of bouncing off surfaces when thrown. Unlike the Glaive, the Kestrel can knock down any opponents that it hits at range.
|Exploding Kestrel||While Mid-Flight|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Second highest melee damage of all Glaives, behind the Halikar.
- Charge Attack throws the glaive, which can bounce up three times or travels up to 23 meters before returning to the user, damaging anyone in its path.
- Thrown glaive has innate Blast damage – effective against health and shields.
- Primary and secondary weapons can be fired and reloaded can be used normally with a thrown glaive, and retrieving the glaive does not interrupt these actions.
- Knocks down enemies when thrown.
- Projectile flight speed when thrown is faster than the Glaive. Coupled with its shorter range, you can expect to be able to throw this more often than the Glaive.
- Glaive can explode mid-flight via channeling and forces a return. Explosion inflicts a guaranteed Blast proc.
- Has and polarity slots.
- Can be wielded in-tandem with a single-handed secondary weapon.
- As long as the boomerang is in flight, it can't be used for close combat.
- Thrown range is approximately 3/4 that of the Glaive (23 meters).
- Low Slash and Puncture damage – less effective against health.
- See Category:Kestrel Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Kestrel Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- When equipping the Kestrel, the player can throw it and then press the channeling button to detonate the Kestrel, dealing high AoE damage and returns to the player immediately. This is true for all thrown melee weapons.
- It can explode in this manner when not equipped and thrown, but the explosion timing cannot be controlled and will often damage the user in close quarters.
- It should be however noted that finisher attacks can still be executed while the weapon is in the air.
- Can hit theoretically infinite targets on return.
- When not in use, the Kestrel sheaths under your right arm.
- The Kestrel is a carnivorous bird in the falcon family known for hovering.
- The Kestrel shares the same sheath style with the other thrown melee weapons, where they retract and attach under the right forearm.