“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Release Date: March 4, 2016 Entombed for eons, the ancient pharaoh Inaros reawakens to ravage, consume and conquer all life swept up in his cursed sandstorms, leaving only the barren and drained desert of death in his wake. Inaros arose in Update 18.5.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Additional blueprints can be bought from Cephalon Simaris; 50,000 for component blueprints and 100,000 for main blueprint.
“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers. Please complete Sands of Inaros quest before proceeding.
Inaros was a warrior who served the Golden Skymen, but did not approve of them taking away the children of a Mars colony. Inaros eventually had enough and defected to protect the colony. The Skymen set their armies upon Inaros, but none could prevail against him. The Skymen fled, and Inaros was hailed as a their God King before he ascended to watch over the colony from his throne in the sky.
Years later, the Mars colony was attacked by Infested. Inaros came to their defense and swept away the plague, but his metal body was found broken. Believing his spirit returned to the sky, the colony entombed his body in Sacred Vessels, knowing he will one day reclaim his body and rise again.
A young Baro Ki'Teer was part of the Mars colony that worshipped Inaros, but one day it was beset by Grineer. Despite Baro Ki'Teer's prayers, Inaros never came and the colony was eradicated, and he, as the colony's sole survivor, grew to resent the God King.
In present day, Baro Ki'Teer hires the Tenno to excavate Inaros's tomb, but a mysterious voice narrates the legend of Inaros, leaving Baro Ki'Teer distressed. While completing the challenges left on the Sacred Vessels, the voice is revealed to belong to Baro Ki'Teer's late mother. Coming to peace with his past, Baro Ki'Teer thanks the Tenno, remarking that the God King will rise again.
- Inaros has two possible namesakes, both of which are figures in ancient Egyptian history and are often confused with each other:
- Inaros has both the highest base health and lowest base shields of any Warframe.
- Inaros is the first Warframe to have a built-in polarity in the Exilus mod slot. An Exilus Adapter is still required to unlock the slot, but a Forma is not necessary unless changing it to another polarity.
- Unlike most other Warframes, Inaros played a direct part in defending and interacting with populations outside of the Orokin, who worshiped him as their king and protector.
- Inaros is unique in the sense that, aside from his main blueprint, his parts were originally labeled as the "Protector" pieces, directly tying the blueprints to the lore itself. (e.g. Protector Neuroptics). The parts are now labeled "Inaros" pieces.
- As of Update 18.6, Baro Ki'Teer has unique dialog when addressing players equipped with Inaros.