The Ignis is a Grineer flamethrower used by Grineer Scorch and Hyekka Masters, unlockable through Chem Lab Research in the Dojo. The Ignis releases a long reaching continuous spray of flames in a frontal area of effect, making it exceptionally useful for handling large crowds, albeit at the cost of high ammo usage and a fixed range.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Detonite Injector|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals Heat damage.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against health and shields.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Large magazine size.
- High ammo capacity.
- Beam has a thickness of 0.15 meters, and the zone of impact or maximum beam range has a spherical radius of 3 meters, allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once.
- Largest beam thickness of all continuous weapons.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Damage cannot be converted with Impact, Puncture or Slash mods.
- Damage ramps up from 35% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 35% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 20 meters.
- Ignis, compared to Ignis Wraith:
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Ignis Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Ignis Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ignis' hit detection is composed of two parts:
- A perfectly accurate central beam that reaches up to 20 meters. This beam has a 0.15 meter thickness, unlike other beam weapons whose beams are very narrow.
- A 3-meter spherical radius that appears at the zone of impact or maximum range.
- As of Hotfix 11.3.3, the fire rate is affected by mods.
- The Ignis can deal headshots and target enemy weakspots.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ignis is Latin for "fire".
- Prior to Update 17.8, the Ignis' appearance was simply a modified Grakata.
- Oddly it wasn't just the appearance, as the update that changed the model and reload animation of the Ignis made the Grakata reload as if it was the Ignis.
- The Ignis was first shown in the developer Livestream #5.
- The volume of fuel the Ignis carries would be impossible in the real world using today's technology, as the duration of continuous fire of the entire magazine lasts far longer than actual flamethrowers. This implies that the fuel used (possibly derived from Detonite) is extremely efficient.
- The front portion of the barrel heats up through continuous firing of the weapon, visible after roughly 25 units of ammo has been expended.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Grineer Scorch, the Grineer unit that uses this weapon.
- Ignis Wraith, the Wraith variant of this weapon
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|