“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer available.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Silent - will not be present on opponent's minimap.
- Second highest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries, behind normal Hikou.
- Fastest reload speed of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Two polarity slots.
- Lowest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Projectiles travel in an arc, making it hard to hit at longer ranges and achieve headshots.
- Very low ammo efficiency.
- Hikou Prime, compared to Hikou:
- Lower base damage (51.9 vs. 52.7)
- Lower fire rate (5.83 rounds/sec vs. 6.67 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (26 rounds vs. 20 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (52 rounds vs. 40 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (0.5 s vs. 0.8 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 2)
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Hikou Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Hikou Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hikou Prime can ricochet (rarely) off surfaces, as floors and walls. Ricocheted shots can damage and kill whoever gets in the way.
- The Hikou Prime can pass through Volt's Electric Shield.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- As with all thrown sidearms, when performing a Jump Kick your frame will hold the Hikou Prime as dual pistols. Upon hitting the ground and sliding, this will quickly switch back to as it should be.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hikou (Hikō or 飛行 ) in Japanese means "flight."
- The Hikou are based off the Japanese throwing stars from ninjutsu tradition. Throwing stars were primarily used as distractions, and were often called the "invisible blades" due to a thrown star being able to cut enemies unseen from any direction.
Media[edit | edit source]
Vaultings[edit | edit source]
- On August 9th, 2016, it was announced that Hikou Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on August 23rd, 2016. Any preexisting components, relics or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- Hikou Prime, along with Ankyros Prime, Scindo Prime, Boltor Prime, Nyx Prime, and Rhino Prime, was unvaulted on July 24, 2018 to September 25, 2018.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 22.20.9
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Hikou, the original counterpart of this weapon.
- Kunai, another thrown secondary.
- Despair, another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.