The Hikou is a set of shurikens released in Update 9.0. It has a lower base damage than the Kunai and Despair, but a higher fire rate and base magazine size. Like its counterparts, it can also be hard to aim with because of its arrow-like arc projection.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against health.
- Silent - will not be present on opponent's minimap.
- Very high reload speed.
- Highest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Two polarity slots.
- Second lowest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries, above the Hikou Prime.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Projectiles travel in an arc, making it hard to hit at longer ranges.
- Very low ammo efficiency.
- Hikou, compared to Hikou Prime:
- Higher base damage (52.7 vs. 51.9)
- Higher fire rate (6.67 rounds/sec vs. 5.83 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (20 rounds vs. 26 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (40 rounds vs. 52 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (0.8 s vs. 0.5 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 4)
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Hikou Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Hikou Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hikou can ricochet (rarely) off surfaces, like floors and walls. Ricocheted shots can damage and kill whoever gets in the way.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- As with all thrown sidearms, when performing a Jump Kick your frame will hold the Hikou as dual pistols. Upon hitting the ground and sliding, this will quickly switch back to as it should be.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hikou (Hikō or 飛行 ) in Japanese means "flight."
- The Hikou are based off the Japanese throwing stars from ninjutsu tradition. Throwing stars were primarily used as distractions and were often called the "invisible blades" due to a thrown star being able to cut enemies unseen from any direction.
- The Hikou are the first throwing weapon secondary to receive a prime variant.
- The Hikou share at least two common traits with the Kunai and Despair, all three are secondary throwing type weapons, and all weapons have a damage focus mainly on Puncture damage.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Hikou Prime, the Prime version of this weapon.
- Kunai, another thrown secondary.
- Despair, another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.
- Panthera, a weapon crafted from the Hikou.