The Hema is a burst-fire Infested rifle that requires a sacrifice of health in order to reload, but in turn uses no ammunition and fires accurate three round bursts of Viral agents. The weapon also inflicts lifesteal upon kills.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 10,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Viral damage.
- Innate Viral damage – effective against health.
- Kills will restore health to the player.
- High accuracy and low recoil for a burst weapon.
- Does not use ammo pickups, and can thus never run out of ammo.
- Damage cannot be converted with Impact, Puncture, or Slash mods.
- Projectiles have travel time and low flight speed.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with 4 bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Punishes missed shots more than automatic weapons.
- Reloading will drain the player's health, depending on how much ammo needs to be replenished, up to 3% of the player's max health if the magazine is entirely depleted.
- See Category:Hema Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Hema Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Hema is considered to be one of the most expensive weapon to research in the Bio Lab requiring a base of 5,000 Mutagen Samples to research.
- The Hema is a highly accurate rifle that heals the player on kills. To reload however, the player must lay out their arm as the weapon sucks some of their health. It will drain up to 3% of the player's max health depending on how much ammo needs to be replenished to the magazine. With the unmodded magazine size of 60, each bullet reloaded drains 0.05% max health.
- If the player is at 3% or less of their maximum health, the Hema will not kill the player when they reload or take any health depending on how much ammo is reloaded, though the health that was supposed to be consumed (I.e Player has 9/300 Health (3%)), will be consumed on the next reload, and if the player does not have the correct amount of health when reloading, the Hema will drain them of their health (In this case 9 health + the health needed for the current reload) regardless thus killing them.
- Increasing magazine size does not increase the health drain per magazine. Thus, it decreases the drain per bullet.
- Like all burst fire weapons in Warframe, you must time your clicks in order to fire the weapon at its maximum speed. Mashing the fire button will only stall and fire the weapon at different rates. Frame rates below ~30 FPS will also begin to slow the weapon down.
- The weapon doesn't require ammo pickups, meaning there is no risk of running out of ammo provided the player still has health.
- The Hema is the first weapon in Warframe that drains the player's health in order to reload.
- Hema is a word derived from the Greek word haima (αἷμα), meaning 'blood', and is used as a prefix to refer to objects or conditions relating to blood, e.g. "Hematology", "Hematoxin", etc.
- The health drained by the Hema on reloading contributes to Chroma's Fury buff from Vex Armor, albeit in very small amounts.
- This is the second non-Archwing weapon in the game to have infinite/rechargeable ammunition after the Cycron and the first primary weapon with such a feature, with the Flux Rifle later following this trend.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|