The Hek is a Grineer shotgun that deals very high damage, particularly known for its relatively narrow cone compared to other shotguns. Due to this relatively tight spread, the Hek is able to perform with greater success at close to middle ranges, regardless of pellet/ projectile falloff. However, the Hek does trade its raw power and relative focused fire for its small magazine size, and generally limited crowd-control ability.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:25,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against health.
- Tied with Vaykor Hek and Corinth for the narrowest pellet spread of all shotguns.
- Lower Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 20% from 10m to 20m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Small magazine size.
- High recoil.
- May miss enemies at point-blank range due to the length of the barrels.
- Hek, compared to Vaykor Hek:
- Higher base damage (133.0 vs. 105.1)
- Lower fire rate (2.17 rounds/sec vs. 3 rounds/sec)
- Shorter range before damage falloff ends (20m vs. 25m)
- Smaller max damage reduction due to falloff (20% vs. 26.7%)
- Smaller magazine (4 rounds vs. 8 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (20 rounds vs. 24 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 2.3 s)
- Lack of an innate Justice effect
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 12)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The listed damage is the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 2.85 Impact, 12.34 Puncture and 2.14 Slash.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to this gun's low magazine size, it is recommended that you focus on Rate of Fire or Reload Speed to increase overall DPS.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon seems to be modeled on the main weapon of Councilor Vay Hek's Terra Frame, which fires rockets as opposed to shotgun shells. This has caused speculation as to whether the Councilor himself is merely the shotgun's namesake, or otherwise responsible for designing/commissioning it.
- The magazine for the Hek is the cylindrical 'handle' sticking out of the side of the bottom right barrel. This raises questions as to how the shells are actually loaded into each barrel.
- It is possible that the barrel it is attached to is a tubular feeding system and not for firing, and that the other three barrels actually fire.
- The Hek received a minor visual update in Hotfix 13.4.1, which added weathering and other textures to the weapon to make it look more worn and aged, putting it in line with other Grineer weapons.
- The Hek may have been based on a 1960s quad-barrel shotgun prototype.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Councilor Vay Hek, the Grineer boss who uses an oversized version of this weapon, and may have invented it.
- Vem Tabook, the leader of The Grustrag Three, uses a modified version of the Hek.
- Vaykor Hek, the Steel Meridian custom version.