The Harpak is a harpoon gun wielded by Drekar Elite Lancers. It has two firing modes; its primary firing mode fires a burst of three harpoon projectiles, while its Alternate Fire charges up to fire a chain-tethered harpoon that will damage foes and knocks them down.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:40,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.word
- Tied with Dex Sybaris and Hind for the fourth highest burst damage of all burst-fire rifles, behind Sybaris, Sybaris Prime, and Quartakk.
- Alt-fire shoots a harpoon which knocks down and can reel enemies in close.
- Fast projectile speed.
- Alt-fire harpoon shot is pinpoint accurate.
- On kill with primary fire, bodies will follow the harpoon that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Comes with a polarity slot.
- Primary fire has low Impact – less effective against shields.
- Both firing modes have low Slash damage.
- Primary fire is linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with 4 bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Alt-fire has arcing.
- The Harpak's secondary fire mode (default Puncture proc. The harpoon costs 1 ammo to fire and also requires a short charging time to be completed before it can be fired.
) fires a tethered harpoon that can pull enemies towards the player and causes a guaranteed
- The secondary fire mode has a maximum range of 50 meters. While the harpoon will still hit enemies up to its maximum range, it will only pull them if they are at a distance smaller or equal to 30 meters.
- The Harpak's firing noise increases in pitch as the magazine depletes.
- The Harpak's name is derived from Harpoon, a long spear-like instrument used in fishing, whaling, sealing, and other marine hunting.
- The Harpak was first presented in the Update 17 Teaser Site, but its name was not revealed until the release of the Echoes of the Sentients Highlight Video.
- The word in Grineer found by the barrel of the weapon, , spells out Grineer.
- It is one of the few Grineer weapons in the game that can be used against them effectively, as it mostly deals Puncture damage. Another example of this is the Nukor.
- Oddly, the Harpak's alternate fire can be seen ricocheting from enemies when they are already under the effects of crowd control such as an Impact Proc and will harmlessly float in the air away from the target for a few seconds.
- Unlike previous projectile weapons, the Harpak's bolts will not share the same color as the ones selected for both its primary and secondary attack.