- For the soundtrack, see Grakata (Soundtrack).
The Grakata is a standard-issue Grineer assault rifle used by Lancers, Hellions and Commanders, capable of unloading a quick barrage of bullets upon enemies. Despite having a low amount of damage and very high recoil, the Grakata has a high fire rate, and is able to inflict a large amount of damage in short periods of time, at the cost of being extremely ammo inefficient and hard to control in sustained fire.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Near-equal physical damage.
- High accuracy.
- Second fastest fire rate of all primary weapons, behind Prisma Grakata.
- Large reserve ammo size.
- Can use the Brain Storm augment.
- High recoil makes it difficult to shoot down enemies beyond medium range.
- High rate of fire and recoil hinders the weapon's high accuracy.
- Slow reload speed.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Fairly low magazine size for such a high fire rate weapon.
- Grakata, compared to Prisma Grakata:
- Higher base damage (17.0 vs. 15.0)
- Lower fire rate (20 rounds/sec vs. 21.67 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (40 rounds vs. 50 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (160 rounds vs. 200 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2.4 s vs. 2 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 11)
- See Category:Grakata Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Grakata Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Holding the trigger down and spraying bullets is not recommended, as the strong recoil of the weapon can easily waste of a lot of ammo. The Grakata's reload time also becomes far more of a problem on full auto, as the weapon discharges its entire magazine in 3 seconds without mods. Firing short bursts helps to increase your accuracy. Aim low when firing longer bursts to compensate for recoil.
- If you're leveling the weapon and running low on ammo, remember that weapons gain experience for assists as well, so one can damage an enemy with just one shot and then finish him with other weapon (Melee is recommended to avoid the switch time).
- The Grakata was released on April 19, 2013 with Update 7.8.
- This weapon is treated as a side-grade to the Soma, trading out low recoil, and damage in exchange for greater rate of fire and slightly more damage. it also does not require a spin-up period to fire at full speed.
- Due to its inefficient ammo economy, one can find themselves running out of ammo very quickly.
- As of Update 18.0 the Grakata blueprint can be acquired as a Daily Tribute reward.
- Update 17.0 allowed two Grakata to be built into the Twin Grakatas, akimbo secondary rifles.
- The magazine is the round ball on the bottom of the grip, not the box on the front end of the barrel. This is similar to some SMGs that have the magazine inside the grip such as the Mac-11.
- The spherical magazine suggests that Grakata uses a very small-caliber and helical layout.
- The large box assembly may be a gas block, suggesting the Grakata uses the gas operated method of auto-loading.
- The Grakata's standard fire rate of 20 rounds per second equates to 1,200 RPM, similar to that of the fastest available submachine guns today.
- Along with the Ignis, the Grakata has four visible lines of text on various parts of the gun. The ones marked by a red Grineer symbol, translates to "Want to know" (close to the trigger) and meaning "Grineer" (closest to the muzzle), while the other two lines of text are just random letters, numbers and symbols.
- The Grakata used to share the same reload animation and sound as the Ignis, probably because they both share the same basic model. The reload sound does not seem to fit the Grakata however, as it sounds as if a tank of gas or fuel is being replaced rather than a magazine of bullets.
- This was eventually fixed in Update 18.5, with the animation simply cutting short.
- Lancers, the Grineer infantry that use this weapon.
- Hellions, specialized Lancers that also use this weapon.
- Commanders, the Grineer heavy units that use this weapon.
- Prisma Grakata, the Prisma version of this weapon.
- Twin Grakatas, for the Akimbo variant of this weapon.