|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
On May 9, 2017, Hotfix 20.4.4 and Hotfix 20.4.5, a bug allowed Gorgon Wraith parts to drop from Jackal. This was a very short-lived bug, but dissemination of information on the forum allowed many users to learn of and exploit this bug before DE quickly corrected it. The parts and weapon were not removed from users' inventories.
The blueprint and parts are now obtainable from the Razorback Invasion via Assassination. All the components can be traded, although players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 7 to acquire the blueprint.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Good base damage.
- High sustainable fire rate.
- Large magazine size.
- Can use the Gorgon-exclusive mod Gorgon Frenzy.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Has a short wind-up time of 10 rounds to reach optimal firing rate.
- Inefficient beyond medium range.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Gorgon Wraith, compared to Gorgon:
- Lower base damage (24.0 vs. 30.0)
- Higher fire rate (13.3 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Faster reload speed (3 s vs. 4.2 s)
- Faster spool-up (10 rounds vs. 15 rounds)
- More accurate (17 vs. 12)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 3)
- Gorgon Wraith, compared to Prisma Gorgon:
- Higher base damage (24.0 vs. 23.1)
- Lower fire rate (13.3 rounds/sec vs. 14.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 80 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (180 rounds vs. 240 rounds)
- Faster spool-up (10 rounds vs. 12 rounds)
- Less accurate (17 vs. 20)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 11)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- After the spool-up time, it is possible to use the Gorgon in quick short bursts, allowing you to keep up the high rate of fire, but with less recoil and less bullets wasted, making the Gorgon usable at medium to long ranges.
- You can retain the "charge" of the fire rate by sprinting. This way the weapon stops shooting but as long as you keep held down, the fire rate will not reset and the weapon will resume fast firing once you stop sprinting.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Gorgon Wraith is the second Primary Wraith weapon ever released, following the Strun Wraith.
- The Gorgon Wraith only has an upgrade in stats and comes with no default polarities.
- The Gorgon Wraith can use both the Desert Tactics skin and the Day of the Dead skin.
Media[edit | edit source]
Gorgon Wraith Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Gorgon, the regular version.
- Prisma Gorgon, the Void Trader exclusive version.
- Wraith, a special weapon variant.