The Gorgon is a powerful Grineer light machine gun with a rapid fire rate and a huge magazine. It has a small spool-up period during which it fires slowly, before reaching maximum fire-rate. Due to the massive magazine and high fire-rate, the Gorgon is capable of high sustained damage, offset only by the long reload time in between.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- High sustainable rate of fire.
- Large magazine size.
- Can use the Gorgon-exclusive Gorgon Frenzy mod.
- Low Slash and Puncture damage – less effective against health.
- Requires a spool-up of 15 shots before optimal fire rate is achieved.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Slowest reload speed of all rifles.
- Gorgon, compared to Gorgon Wraith:
- Higher base damage (30.0 vs. 24.0)
- Lower fire rate (12.5 rounds/sec vs. 13.3 rounds/sec)
- Slower reload speed (4.2 s vs. 3 s)
- Slower spool-up (15 rounds vs. 10 rounds)
- Less accurate (12 vs. 17)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 7)
- Gorgon, compared to Prisma Gorgon:
- Higher base damage (30.0 vs. 23.1)
- Lower fire rate (12.5 rounds/sec vs. 14.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 80 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (180 rounds vs. 240 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (4.2 s vs. 3 s)
- Slower spool-up (15 rounds vs. 12 rounds)
- Less accurate (12 vs. 20)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 11)
- See Category:Gorgon Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Gorgon Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- After the spool up time, it is possible to use the Gorgon in quick short bursts, allowing you to keep up the high rate of fire, but with less recoil and fewer bullets wasted, making the Gorgon usable at medium to medium long ranges.
- You can retain the 'charge' of the fire rate by sprinting. This way the weapon stops shooting but as long as you keep the fire button held down, the fire rate will not reset and the weapon will resume fast firing once you stop sprinting.
- The Gorgon is used by Heavy Gunners and their respective Corrupted Variant.
- Manic Bombards, introduced in the Operation: Tubemen of Regor, use the Gorgon.
- It is used by Lieutenant Lech Kril as his primary weapon during his first stage.
- In Greek mythology, there are three Gorgons (Γοργών); Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa. Their hair was made of living snakes, and Medusa could turn people into stone by making eye contact.
- The word Gorgon (Γοργώ) is derived from the Greek word "gorgós," meaning "dreadful."
- The box on the right side of the trigger is the magazine, as seen in the current reload animation.
- The Gorgon appears to use a motor-driven feed system and action as there is a sound akin to a motor spinning down when the trigger is released. This may also explain the need to spool up before it reaches the full fire rate.
- As of around Update 12.4, the Gorgon's sound effects have been updated. It does not appear to have the spooling down sound effect any more.
- Grineer Heavy Gunners have a description "High damage minigun" implying directly on their weapons although the Gorgon is a Light Machine Gun.
- The words appear just above the trigger, translating to "Not Touc", most likely "Do not touch" with some letters rubbed out.
- The words can be found on the side of the barrel, near the end of the gun translating to "Big Hurt FP4337"
- This weapon was removed from the market in Update 10.3, and its blueprint was only available from Login Rewards tier 2 and 3 prior to Update 18.0. In Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 1.1 it was added as a drop to the Arid Heavy Gunner.
- Gorgon Wraith, the Event-exclusive Wraith version.
- Prisma Gorgon, the Void Trader exclusive version.
- Lieutenant Lech Kril, the boss who uses this weapon.
- Heavy Gunner, the Grineer heavy unit that uses this weapon.
- Manic Bombard, the Sealab Sabotage mini-boss that uses this weapon.
- Supra, the Corpus counterpart of this gun.
- Gorgon Frenzy a Conclave exclusive mod for the Gorgon.