The Galatine is a heavy greatsword capable of dealing massive damage. Boasting one of the highest attack speed of the heavy blade class, the Galatine only falls short in damage when compared to others in its class.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:25,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage of all melee weapons – effective against health and shields (although Puncture and Impact is much better against the respective damage classes).
- Tied with the Galatine Prime for the fastest attack speed of all Heavy Blades.
- Has a polarity.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Stance slot has polarity, does not match the Conclave-only Noble Cadence stance.
- Galatine, compared to Galatine Prime:
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 13)
- See Category:Galatine Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Galatine Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- In Arthurian Legends, 'Galatine' is the name of the sword given to Sir Gawain by the lady of the lake. It is referred to as the 'Shadow to Excalibur's light'.
- The Galatine resembles the Power Sword from He-Man. This was acknowledged by DE in the redtext before the update.
- Upon deploying the hotfix, the redtext feed from DE described the Galatine as "a sword so big your friends might think you're overcompensating for something, while secretly they know you are not".
- The weapon's icon shows the Galatine with red energy, but the default energy color is the standard Tenno energy blue.
- The weapon itself is also shown to be mostly black, although the Galatine's default colour is mostly white.
- Upon selecting the players preference of color, then highlighting your primary, the weapon will appear to have the default color scheme. (UI bug)
- If equipped when using Ash's Blade Storm the Galatine will be used instead of his right wrist-blade. It is currently unknown whether or not this applies to Galatine Prime.
Pre-Update 13 VideosEdit
Post Update 15 VideosEdit
- Galatine Prime, the prime counterpart to this weapon.