The Ferrox is a Corpus Speargun introduced and wielded by Index broker Derim Zahn. The primary fire features a charged shot that deals high damage, complimented by its high critical stats. Its Alternate Fire tosses the Ferrox as far as 50 meters, creating an electric field where it lands and pulls enemies towards it. It is available for research in the Energy Lab of the Clan Dojo.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- High Puncture damage on primary fire - effective against health.
- High Impact damage on alt-fire - effective against shields.
- Primary fire lasers are hitscan.
- Primary fire has an innate 1.5 meter Punch Through.
- Alt-fire throws the Ferrox that creates a field that pulls in enemies.
- Very ammo efficient.
- Very fast charge speed.
- Comes with a and slot.
- Low Impact damage on primary fire - less effective against shields.
- Low Puncture damage on alt-fire - less effective against health.
- Primary fire shoots thin lasers; requires precise aiming.
- Cannot fire with a partial charge.
- The weapon fires as soon as it has reached a full charge which can lead to premature firing.
- Once the Ferrox is thrown, the player will not be able to use it until it is either picked up or when it returns to the player's hands after 20 seconds.
- Alt-fire has slow projectile flight speed and ticks slowly.
- The Ferrox automatically teleports back to the player 20 seconds after being thrown, or until the player manually picks the Ferrox back up again.
- Throwing the weapon does not consume ammo.
- The Ferrox' alt-fire has a maximum throwing range of ~50m (though it may be displayed as slightly less due to the forward movement of the player when throwing the weapon).
- The arc Ferrox will take when thrown is affected by both the angle of the throw as well as how much the throw was charged.
- Unlike the Javlok, the Ferrox' alt-fire will not damage its user when thrown too close.
- Enemies killed by the primary or damage from the secondary attack will vaporize, similar to channeled kills by melee weapons.
- The bodies of enemies killed by this weapon disintegrate in a manner similar to channeled Melee kills.
- Has the same aesthetic as the Ohma tonfas and Quaro armor set.
- The name Ferrox seems to be a mix of the Latin words Ferox, meaning "savage" or "fierce", and Ferrum, meaning "iron".
- Derim Zahn, a broker in The Index that uses this weapon.
- Javlok, the Grineer counterpart.
- Ohma, a Tonfa-type weapon that shares the same theme.