The Drakgoon is a Grineer flak cannon with a distinct charge mechanic. The longer the weapon is charged, the tighter the spread of the pellets fired, and charged shots gain punch through depending on how long the charge is held, giving the Drakgoon extreme versatility at any range. Additionally, the flak from the Drakgoon can bounce off surfaces once, allowing for a volley to hit more than once if positioned correctly.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:30,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health and shields (although Puncture and Impact is much better against the respective damage classes).
- High charge speed.
- No damage fall-off unlike other shotguns.
- High ammo efficiency.
- Shots ricochet once.
- This allows one to fire at a wall and kill an enemy behind cover, albeit with some difficulty.
- Charged shots have innate 2 meter punch through.
- Effective over multiple ranges due to charge/spread mechanic:
- Uncharged shots fires wide-dispersal shots to soften up multiple enemies at mid/long range, or quickly hit a single target at short range.
- Charged shots fires a tightly focused blast over longer ranges for high single-target damage.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Shrapnel projectiles have travel time.
- Shrapnel projectiles slow down by a great margin after ricocheting.
- Shrapnel will vanish after 2 seconds of leaving the weapon.
- Fairly low reload speed.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Drakgoon Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Drakgoon Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The projectiles fired from this gun will not break reinforced glass.
- The projectiles bounce once when not charged, and bounce twice when fully charged.
- The "Flak" from the weapon works with Mag's Magnetize and can headshot if it enters the field at a high enough point.
- The listed damage is actually a combination of all the pellets' damage values. The actual damage per pellet for both uncharged and charged shots are 1.4 Impact, 1.4 Puncture, and 11.52 Slash when uncharged.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Rolling will cancel the charge.
- If a melee attack is performed while holding down the charge, it will fire and then immediately melee.
- The charge can be held while sprinting, sliding, wall running, and wall clinging, allowing for mobility and closing in on enemy targets.
- The pellets will ricochet off the environments only once. If well handled, these pellets can clear a tight, empty room as every pellet has a second opportunity to hit a target if they missed the first time.
- Firing an uncharged shot at a low angle into the ground will cause the ricocheted projectiles to form into a horizontal line with significantly lower spread. This is useful for quickly taking out groups of charging infested at medium range without having to charge.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The Drakgoon's charging animation is not affected by mods. This, however, is purely visual.
- Punch through is currently bugged and acts unpredictably, at best.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Concept art of it was first seen in Livestream 17.
- When it was first showcased, the Drakgoon was envisioned as a Corpus-built weapon. In the game proper, it appears to be Grineer-built instead.
- This weapon was introduced on January 8, 2014.
- "Drakgoon" may be a combination of Flak and Dragoon.
- Flak is derived from the German Fliegerabwehrkanone (literally "air defense cannon"). This is any cannon used primarily for anti aircraft fire, but the term is often used to refer to an anti aircraft cannon that fires a shell that bursts in the air, sending a spray of shrapnel towards the target: the idea being that a spread of shrapnel will have a greater chance of hitting a moving target by covering a large area, as opposed to a single shell, which can only cover its impact point.
- Dragoon refers to mounted infantry trained to deliver tremendous damage against a squad of unmounted infantry, thus relating the weapon's capability of spreading massive damage against a crowd of enemies. They are named as such because they wield a weapon known as the 'dragon', which is essentially a handgun-sized version of the blunderbuss (the forerunner of the modern shotgun).
- There is Grineer text on both sides of the Drakgoon with the first line saying "FLAK". The second line reads "1.8".
- This is the first shotgun to gain a Charge feature.
- Prior to Hotfix 11.6.1, the Drakgoon used Rifle Ammunition instead of Shotgun Ammunition.
- This is the third shotgun to have a non-static model, following the Boar Prime and the Sobek.
- The colored cap on the top of the mid portion of the Drakgoon is what appears to be the magazine. This magazine is awkwardly small if it contains ammunition but the Drakgoon appears to instead use energy projectiles, suggesting this is a battery or an energy capsule.
- Having a black energy color on Drakgoon will make projectiles nearly invisible and remove the lights inside the funnels.
Media[edit | edit source]