The weapon was released in commemoration of WARFRAME's 1st Year Anniversary. It is obtainable through yearly anniversaries in March via Alerts, complete with a free weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
This weapon primarily deals Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage - effective against health.
- Very fast fire rate.
- Large magazine size.
- Innate polarity.
- Low damage per bullet.
- Very inefficient ammo economy; requires just 4 reloads to fully deplete all ammo reserves.
- Dex Furis, compared to Afuris:
- Lower base damage (14.0 vs. 15.0)
- Higher fire rate (20 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (50 rounds vs. 40 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (150 rounds vs. 120 rounds)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 4)
- See Category:Dex Furis Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Dex Furis Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Dex Furis is the first item to be given the Dex prefix.
- During the Tenno Live 2015 panel at PAX East, the developers present confirmed that "Dex" denotes WARFRAME anniversary gifts from the Lotus.
- Unlike Vandal and Wraith variants, the Dex Furis use a unique weapon model when compared to the regular Furis/Afuris.
- The Dex Furis was first awarded to every Tenno who logged in between Update 12.6 release March 26 and April 2, 2014, in honor of the first anniversary of WARFRAME on PC. It was released again in Hotfix 16.1.2 between March 25 and April 1, 2015, along with the Dex Dakra. They were re-released once again between March 22 and March 29, 2016, alongside the Dex Dakra and Dex Sybaris. All three were available again from March 24, 2017 through March 27, 2017.
- The models are non-static; two hemispheres on both sides of the weapons rotates slowly. They rotate faster when the weapons are fired, and gradually slow down afterward. The magazines are also ejected during reloading.
- The Dex Furis was released again for WARFRAME's Second Anniversary on March 25, 2015. Players who already had a Dex Furis from the previous year would receive a second set. Since the weapon cannot be traded or gifted, the weapon simply lingers in the inventory if the player already has a set from the first anniversary.
- Players can delete their spare to make use of the free weapon slot it came in.
- At the time of its release, the muzzle flash of the Dex Furis was purple and it could not be modified by any means. This was fixed in Update 14.5; the muzzle flash can now be modified via Energy color.
- Its muzzle flash consists of a mesh of Lotus sigils arranged to look as such.
- As of Hotfix 18.6.2, the muzzle flash appears as the Lotus symbol.
Dex Furis Skins
Last updated: Hotfix 22.19.1
- Afuris, the unmodified version of the weapon.
- Furis, the single counterpart of the Afuris.
- Dex Dakra, another Dex weapon, gifted during WARFRAME's second anniversary.
- Dex Sybaris, gifted during WARFRAME's third anniversary.