The Detron is a pistol shotgun used by Detron Crewmen that shoots radiation pellets and was one of two possible rewards for The Gradivus Dilemma event, the other being the Brakk. While it was not awarded from the event, as the Corpus lost the conflict, its blueprint and components are now dropped by the Zanuka Hunter.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals Radiation damage.
- High base damage.
- High projectile velocity.
- Very high reload speed.
- Very ammo efficient.
- Medium spread.
- Innate Radiation damage – less effective against shields.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 62.31% from 13m to 22m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Fairly low fire rate.
- Detron, compared to Mara Detron:
- Higher base damage (140.0 vs. 112.0)
- Shorter range before damage falloff starts (13m vs. 16m)
- Shorter range before damage falloff ends (22m vs. 30m)
- Smaller max damage reduction due to falloff (33% vs. 37.5%)
- Smaller magazine (5 rounds vs. 8 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (15 rounds vs. 24 rounds)
- Less accurate (7 vs. 13)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 9)
- See Category:Detron Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Detron Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Detron or its components and blueprint are not tradable.
- Colloquially, a "hand cannon" often refers to an extremely powerful pistol chambered for a high caliber cartridge such as the .500 S&W Magnum or .50 Action Express.
- In Livestream 17, the developers jokingly claimed that the Detron pistols intended as rewards for the Gradivus Dilemma were "melted down and used to make MOAs." Despite being facetious, this has more or less proven to be true, as the Zanuka Hunter drops the Detron blueprint and parts.
- Like the Flux Rifle and Amprex, the Detron does not follow the Corpus weapon naming convention.
- During the reload animation, a pack of 6 energy cells is ejected from the gun, although, the Detron has only the capability of firing 5 rounds before reloading. This pack can be found on the floor after reloading.
- The ejected magazine will appear in the default colors no matter what the player has selected.
- The Detron had an entry in the Codex shortly before players could actually obtain it (at the time, the Zanuka Hunter dropped nothing upon defeat).
- The existence of the Mara Detron hints that this is actually built on a much older design, raising questions about the origins of the Corpus.
Last updated: Update 22.18
- Detron Crewman, an enemy who uses this weapon.
- Swarmer-type Scrambus, an enemy that uses this weapon, in conjunction with power prevention.
- Datalyst, another enemy who uses this weapon, similar to the above.
- Swarmer-type Comba, an enemy who uses this weapon in conjunction with power nullification.
- Zanuka Hunter, the assassin who drops parts and the blueprint for this weapon.
- Mara Detron, a rare version sold by Baro Ki'Teer.
- Brakk, the Grineer counterpart.