The Daikyu is an asymmetrical bow of Tenno design and origin. It has a large base damage and increased projectile flight speed compared to the other bows, at the cost of a longer draw time which cannot be released early for decreased damage like other bows.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon primarily deals Puncture damage.
- Second highest base damage of all bows behind Cernos Prime.
- Near-equal physical damages – effective against health and shields.
- High headshot multiplier.
- Has the highest arrow flight speed of all bows.
- Arrows have low arc due to flight speed.
- Charged shots have an innate 3 meter Punch Through, the highest of all bows.
- As it can only be fired when fully charged, shots will always have the Punch Through.
- On kill, bodies will follow the arrow that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Medium-to-high zoom level when aiming.
- Innate polarity slot.
- Can equip the Daikyu exclusive Spring-Loaded Broadhead.
- Second lowest charge speed of all bows, behind Lenz.
- Cannot be fired at partial charge.
- Arrows have travel time with slight arcing.
- Has the shortest charge-hold-time of 4 seconds.
- The Daikyu does not have a quick fire option, nor can it be fired at partial charge - it must be fully charged before it can be fired.
- The weapon's charge, both in its draw phase and its hold phase, can be cancelled by performing actions that will break normal weapon charges, such as pressing reload, rolling, or switching to another weapon.
- The held arrow will instantly be uncharged after 4 seconds has passed.
- The increased projectile flight speed and subsequent low arc makes it much easier to achieve headshots and hit enemies at very long ranges.
- The daikyū (大弓) is one of two variants of the Japanese asymmetrical yumi bow. Read as "big bow" or "Longbow", the daikyū is the larger variant to the smaller hankyū (半弓; lit. "half bow").
- The mechanics of this bow appear to be heavily based on the principles of Kyūdō, the practice of Japanese archery. By taking one's time and adopting proper shooting posture and form, the arrow is assured to hit its mark.
- The Codex description mentions great strength required to draw the Daikyu, which may refer to its prolonged drawing time.
- The Daikyu is the first and currently only bow in the game that has a completely compact, collapsible form when holstered. It folds into three pieces: its two arms and the grip, creating a U-shape as the arms point upward on the player's back.