The Corinth is a large Tenno designed shotgun, featuring two firing modes. The primary fire is a powerful buckshot supported by incredible damage, while the Alternate Fire launches a grenade projectile that creates an 8-meter explosion after traveling for 20 meters in midair.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:25,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Primary fire has high Puncture and good Slash damage – effective against health and shields ( Impact damage is better against shields.
- Alt-fire has high Blast damage – effective against shields.
- Alt-fire features a grenade that creates an 8-meter area of effect explosion after traveling 20 meters in midair (distance is affected by Projectile Speed).
- Tied with Hek and Vaykor Hek for the narrowest pellet spread of all shotguns.
- Reloads one bullet at a time, which can be interrupted at any point, allowing for planned reloading.
- Reload time of 0.22 seconds for each shell, plus 1.2 seconds to begin/end reload.
- Innate two polarities.
- Alt-fire has innate Blast damage – less effective against health.
- Alt-fire grenade only explodes in midair; does not explode if it hits a surface or an enemy.
- Alt-fire explosion deals self-damage, possibly killing the player when they use alt-fire while bullet-jumping or using Ivara's Navigator.
- Primary fire has linear damage falloff from 100% to 33% from 18m to 36m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Low magazine size.
- Second slowest fire rate of all shotguns, after Arca Plasmor.
- Short delay after firing before reloading automatically begins.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Corinth Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Corinth Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The listed damage is actually the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 7.56 Impact, 11.3 Puncture and 8.1 Slash.
- Reload time is 1.2s + 0.22s per round, coming to 2.3 total seconds to reload a completely empty mag.
- The Air Bursts detonate after traveling around 20 meters, and will not explode if hitting a surface, an enemy or a corpse before this time.
- Explosion radius is around 8 meters.
- The Corinth reloads rounds one at a time, which can be interrupted at any point, allowing for planned reloading.
- This also allows the Corinth to fire between reloading each round, allowing it to be used even if the magazine is not fully loaded.
- The Air Burst's explosion can inflict self-damage, although its distance-based fuse makes this very unlikely to occur.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Ivara's Navigator halves the distance that the grenade has to travel before explosion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While shell-fed shotguns (the Strun series) and pump-action shotguns (the Arca Plasmor) have always existed in WARFRAME, the Corinth is the first "true" pump-action, shell-fed shotgun in the game.
- As mentioned in Devstream 102, the Corinth's firing SFX includes a lion's roar.
- Interestingly, the Primary Fire's SFX are similar to that of the Protecta, a pump-action shotgun featured in Dark Sector.
- In antiquity, Corinth was a Greek city-state, and is currently the capital city of the Corinthia region.
- Though the use of the city-state's name bears no direct reference, Ancient Corinth was involved in the Trojan War and among its participants was Odysseus, the legendary king of Ithaca. Thus, the Corinth's name is an indirect nod to the Ithaca 37, one of the most prolific pump-action shotguns ever produced.
- The Ithaca 37 is notable for having a dual purpose ejection/loading port located beneath its receiver, whereas the Corinth also has an ejection/loading port located on top of its receiver instead.
- The weapon deals predominantly puncture damage, despite being labeled as a Buckshot firearm. Buckshot fires low velocity metal balls called "shot", which cannot be supplemented by rifled barrels. In a real world scenario, it would be highly ineffective in penetrating armour.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- There sometimes is a delay between firing the last shotgun blast or grenade, making manually reloading necessary for maximum DPS. However, specifically firing a grenade as the last shot in the magazine and manually reloading will bug the weapon and cause only one ammo to be reloaded, before the animation stops.
- Spectres equipped with the Corinth will animate reloading one shell but will refill the entire clip.