Release Date: March 19, 2015
The bestial avatar of the primal forces of nature, Chroma, confounds his foes and strengthens his allies with elemental caprice. Chroma awoke in Update 16.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 375||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Chroma's main blueprint is rewarded upon completion of the quest The New Strange.
Additional blueprints can be bought from Cephalon Simaris; 50,000 for component blueprints and 100,000 for main blueprint.
- It is advised not to dispose of Chroma or his parts as the only to reobtain Chroma is to buy him with Platinum.
- However, Chroma possesses a Prime variant.
- Considering the resources required to craft the necessary non-Chroma Warframe parts, the total cost of crafting Chroma is 4 Neural Sensors, 3 Neurodes, 2 Argon Crystals, 2 Morphics, 1 Control Module, 1300 Rubedo, 1000 Ferrite, 900 Nano Spores, 650 Polymer Bundles, 600 Plastids, 550 Salvage, 400 Oxium, 300 Alloy Plates, and 135,000.
- While players will have all the component blueprints by the time they reach Pluto, players will still have to gain access to Sedna to get Saryn systems from Kela De Thaym to craft Chroma.
- When editing the appearance of Chroma, there is a special option to view him without his Effigy on.
- Chroma was first revealed during Tennolive 2015 and hinted at during Devstreams 45 and 46.
- Chroma shares a similar name with an enemy from Digital Extremes' 2008 game darkSector.
- The word Chroma means "Color" in Greek. His name likely refers to his unique gameplay mechanic that his selected energy color determines the elemental damage type dealt by his abilities.
- His name may also refer to Chromatic Dragons from the popular role-playing game "Dungeons & Dragons", whose elemental affinities are, similarly, indicated by the color of their scales. This connection was hinted by Community Manager Rebecca Ford in livestreams prior to Chroma's unveiling.
- Chroma was originally developed simply under the name Dragon and is still referred to as as such internally in the game files.
- Chroma is the second tallest Warframe due to his stature and the pelt he wears. Limbo is the tallest, due to his "top hat."
- Chroma's Drac Helmet shows Chroma's actual helmet, the only one to do so while Effigy is inactive. The 'head' of the pelt rests on top of Chroma's base helmet in a fashion similar to that of cloaks capes or hats of skinned animals where the upper part of the head and snout is used as a hat.
- The helmet also resembles a seahorse. The Leafy Sea Dragon and Weedy Sea Dragon are both closely related to seahorses.
- In certain languages, seahorses are also named in relation to "seadragons." For example, the Japanese term for seahorse is "tatsu no otoshigo" (竜の落とし子), literally meaning "illegitimate child of dragons".
- Its appearance seems inspired by the Greek depiction of dragons, most notably the snout, which appears thinner in contrast to the typical European dragon. This is further backed by the fact that Chroma's name has a Greek origin.
- Chroma is the second Warframe to have a separable part, the first being Limbo.
- In Chroma's case, his outer pelt separates from his body during his 4th ability, Effigy, to create the sentry. Because the sentry's helmet design is determined by the cosmetic helmet selected for the Chroma warframe, this also reveals Chroma's "true" helmet which is not affected by the helmet selected.
- Following the above notes, Chroma presumably wears his dragon-skin outer pelt like a hunter might do for animal skin.
- The line in Lotus' summary, "When all the land is in ruins, Tenno, only Chroma will remain" is a reference to the song about the character Trogdor, a fictional dragon-like being from the web cartoon Homestar Runner.
- Chroma is another in the line of heavily fan-requested warframes (such as Zephyr, Nova, and Mesa), with inspiration being drawn from a long-surviving thread on the Fan Concepts forum.
- When equipped with Tonfa-type weapons (ex. Kronen), Chroma stores them on his back with the weapon's blades running nearly parallel each other, rather than diverging outward as with other Warframes. Chroma is currently the only Warframe to store Tonfas in this manner, and the second Warframe to have a unique holster style for a melee weapon, with the first being Nekros when stowing Dual Daggers.
- Chroma is the first Warframe to require components from other Warframes to construct.
- It is also the first Warframe whose blueprint uses a fourth Warframe component in the place of a resource like Orokin Cells or Argon Crystals.
- The increased credit drop chance from enemies killed by Chroma's 4th ability, Effigy, may be a reference to common legends of dragons hoarding gold.
- Chroma's default helmet (along with the default helmets of Loki and Excalibur) are available as unlockable antenna toppers in Rocket League.
- Chroma appears to have six fingers, but the digit coming out from his hand is actually a part of his effigy.
Release Date: September 25th, 2018
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
“I am the Lotus. I will guide you, but we must hurry.”Guides are created by users like you. They aren't as strictly regulated as most pages, so keep an eye out for dated or subjective information.
Have your own build and playstyle? You can contribute too! Instructions are within.
- Chroma Prime, compared to Chroma:
- Chroma Prime is the third Primed Warframe whose non-primed variant was unlockable through a quest (The New Strange), after Mirage and Limbo.
- Chroma Prime's Effigy has larger and more complex wings than the original, along with orbiting particles.
Chroma can alter his abilities to match any basic (uncombined) elemental attribute of the player's choice. This change is performed by customizing Chroma's appearance outside of a mission, specifically his energy color. Color choices are grouped into four categories with each category corresponding to a given element:
- red, magenta, brown, orange and bright yellow hues being Heat;
- blue and purple hues being Electric;
- green, lime, teal and dark yellow hues being Toxin;
- white, grey, black, and some faded colors being Cold.
Note that players do not need to purchase color palettes to unlock the full potential of this trait.
While customizing his energy color, Chroma's active element is displayed in the form of an icon (, , , ). This imgur album can serve as a reference for future color palette purchases.
Exhale a deep breath of elemental destruction. Chroma's energy color determines the element.
Energy Drain: 3 s-1
|Strength:60 Heat/70 Electricity/6 Toxin/75 Cold (damage)|
|Misc:100% (status chance)|
- Chroma unleashes a continuous stream of elemental energy in a cone 15 meters long that inflicts 60 Heat, 70 Electricity, 6 Toxin, or 75 Cold damage per second with a 100% status chance.
- Damage type is based on Chroma's current elemental alignment which is determined by Chroma's energy color.
- Spectral Scream drains 3 energy per second and will remain active as long as Chroma has energy. Spectral Scream will end if Chroma runs out of energy or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default ).
- Chroma can still replenish energy using Energy Orbs.
- Unlike PvE, Chroma cannot perform any jumps or sprint, but can only roll and walk around; as well as cast other abilities.
- The attack can only be aimed within 90 degrees to each side and 45 degrees above or below Chroma.
- Rolling can be used to counteract the movement speed reduction and cover a large area in a short period of time.
- A visual effect lingers after the cone of damage, dependent on element.
Depending on Chroma's elemental alignment, an offensive area-of-effect is created. Chroma and his nearby allies are imbued with defensive energy.
- Chroma emits an aura that infuses himself and nearby allies with elemental energy as long as they remain within 12 meters, providing both offensive and defensive buffs. The aura lasts for 25 seconds.
- Reflects melee damage by 2.0x back to the attacker and has a chance to proc its respective element.
- If Chroma receives a lethal instance of melee damage, that instance of damage will not be reflected towards the attacker.
- Does not reflect damage received from ranged melee weapons such as Glaives.
- Elemental Ward exhibits different effects depending on Chroma's current elemental alignment, determined by Chroma's energy color.
- Generates a flame aura around Chroma and affected allies that reflects melee damage by 2.0x and provides a 1.65 Heat damage mulitplier within a radius of 5 meters.
- Infuses Chroma and affected allies with an electric current that reflects melee damage by 2.0x and converts incoming damage into arc discharges. An arc discharge inflicts 2% incoming damage as Electricity damage to a single target within 12 meters. Arc discharges will inflict a minimum of 10 Electricity damage.
- Emits an aura of noxious fumes around Chroma and affected allies that reflects melee damage by 2.0x. Within a radius of 12 meters, the noxious fumes also have a 50% chance per second to deal 0.40% of an enemy's maximum health as Toxin damage.
- Encases Chroma and affected allies in a layer of frost that reflects melee damage by 2.0x and creates an ice shield that reflects incoming fire back to their source. Reflected damage is increased by 1.8%.
- Has a casting delay of 1 second. The animation interrupts movement and other actions.
- Elemental Ward cannot be recast while active.
When shields are hit, Chroma's armor grows stronger, when health takes a hit, weapon damage increases. Active for a limited time, maximum increases corresponding to rank.
|Strength:5000% (maximum armor bonus)|
200% (maximum damage bonus)
- Chroma enters a state of primal rage, gaining Scorn when shields are hit and Fury when health is damaged.
- Scorn increases Chroma's armor by 0.5% for every point of shields lost up to a maximum of 200%.
- Fury increases Chroma's weapon bonus damage by 2% for every point of health lost up to a maximum of 200%.
- The effects of Vex Armor last for 12 seconds.
- Allies within a radius of 10 meters receive Vex Armor's effects.
- Vex Armor is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Vex armor can be recast while active to retain the gained buffs, but Chroma cannot regenerate energy or pick up energy orbs.
- Requires 400 shields to max out armor gain, can gain up to 1876% armor with 145 base shield (actual multiplier seems to be 5175%).
- Overshields do not contribute to multiplier growth.
- The ability has a casting animation time of 0.75 seconds.
Chroma turns his pelt into a massive sentry that strengthens nearby allies and engulfs enemies in elemental attacks.
Energy Drain: 3.5 s-1
|Strength:100 Heat/120 Electric/12 Toxin/120 Cold (damage)|
|Misc:12 m (attack range)|
5 m (stun radius)
5 m (knockback radius)
20% (speed bonus)
50% (armor reduction)
- Chroma must have 100 energy in order to activate this ability.
- Chroma sheds his outer pelt, imbuing it with elemental energy to sprout wings and converting it into a stationary floating sentry with 800 health. The sentry will attack all enemies within 12 meters with a continuous stream of elemental energy, dealing 100 Heat, 120 Electric, 12 Toxin, or 120 Cold damage per tick. The sentry is capable of unleashing a radial attack that inflicts 100 Heat, 120 Electric, 12 Toxin, or 120 Cold damage to enemies within 5 meters.
- Effigy drains 3.5 energy per second while active, and will deactivate if Chroma runs out of energy, sentry health is depleted, or if manually deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default ).
- Chroma cannot replenish energy using Energy Orbs when Effigy is active.
- When deactivated, Chroma can teleport his pelt from anywhere onto himself. This will stop movement and interrupt any action Chroma is doing, such as reloading, leaving a player vulnerable.
- When deactivated while sliding, Chroma's pelt will be reapplied to him without triggering the animation, even if the player immediately cancels his slide.
- Effigy cannot be activated while in the air, but can be deactivated at any time.
- Both the initial cast and the return of Chroma's pelt will cease any actions as they are a two-handed ability.
- While Effigy is active, Chroma can fight in his lightened form, gaining 20% movement speed but with a 50% armor reduction.
|Released||Ash ( Ash Prime) • Atlas ( Atlas Prime) • Banshee ( Banshee Prime) • Baruuk • Chroma ( Chroma Prime) • Ember ( Ember Prime) • Equinox ( Equinox Prime) • Excalibur ( Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra, Excalibur Umbra Prime) • Frost ( Frost Prime) • Gara • Garuda • Gauss • Harrow • Hildryn • Hydroid ( Hydroid Prime) • Inaros • Ivara • Khora • Limbo ( Limbo Prime) • Loki ( Loki Prime) • Mag ( Mag Prime) • Mesa ( Mesa Prime) • Mirage ( Mirage Prime) • Nekros ( Nekros Prime) • Nezha • Nidus • Nova ( Nova Prime) • Nyx ( Nyx Prime) • Oberon ( Oberon Prime) • Octavia • Revenant • Rhino ( Rhino Prime) • Saryn ( Saryn Prime) • Titania • Trinity ( Trinity Prime) • Valkyr ( Valkyr Prime) • Vauban ( Vauban Prime) • Volt ( Volt Prime) • Wisp • Wukong ( Wukong Prime) • Zephyr ( Zephyr Prime)|
|Attributes • Augments • Compare All • Cosmetics|