The Castanas are a throwing type secondary weapons with Electricity detonation charge that can be detonated remotely by using the Alternate Fire, much like the Penta. Although lacking in throwing speed like other thrown weapons, they can be stacked up to six then detonated all at once to create a wide array of crowd controlling opportunities, thanks to their electrical explosion and chaining effects.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- Highest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Very high reload speed.
- Mines can stick to surfaces, including enemies and allies.
- Silent - will not be present on opponent's minimap.
- User can detonate charges on command via Alternate Fire, giving the player precise timing in detonation.
- Detonation has an explosion radius of 3 meters.
- Up to two deployed mines can be ready for detonation at the same time.
- Two Polarities.
- Damage cannot be converted with Slash, Impact or Puncture mods.
- Projectiles have very slow travel time with arcing.
- Explosions inflict self-damage.
- Semi-automatic fire, unlike other throwing weapons.
- Extremely low magazine size of just 2 rounds; requires frequent reloading.
- Low ammo capacity size of 8.
- Can only have two deployed mines out at once.
- Castanas, compared to Sancti Castanas:
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Castanas Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Castanas Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The normal animation and arc behaves similar to other thrown secondary weapons.
- Primary fire throws the Castanas, secondary fire detonates them.
- When thrown while running backwards, it is possible that they can stick to your Frame itself.
- Throws that were made by the left hand are further from reticle by a few degrees to the bottom compared to the right hand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Castanas are the first thrown secondary weapon that delivers Area of Effect damage.
- The detonation feature is similar to that of the Penta grenade launcher, which also allowed users to detonate on command.
- The word Castañas means "chestnuts" in Spanish and Greek, judging how the knives are thrown, then "open" themselves, revealing their explosive cores.
- The Castanas are the first throwable weapon of its kind to be thrown in "Semi-auto".
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Sancti Castanas, the New Loka custom version.
- Talons, explosive bombs that work much like the Castanas