The Burston is a burst-fire assault rifle characteristically known for its unique three-round burst mechanic. It is based off the Orokin Burston Prime. As a burst rifle, the Burston has a lower DPS than calculations suggest. Despite this shortcoming, the Burston performs decently at long ranges, with low recoil and decent damage per burst, provided you land at least one of the shots on a weakspot. Due to the burst-fire mechanic, the Burston may be uncomfortable to some Tenno, but learning the pattern of the bursts can yield great results.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:15,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals equal physical damage.
- Equal physical damage distribution.
- Good accuracy.
- Low recoil.
- High burst fire rate.
- Has one polarity.
- Can equip the Burston-exclusive Triple Tap mod.
- Punishes missed shots more than automatic weapons.
- Linearly less efficient — sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Low fire rate between bursts.
- Burston, compared to Burston Prime:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Be patient and find a rhythm with shooting to fire at a faster rate.
- There are various means to counteract the Burston's climbing recoil;
- Move the mouse down during each burst. Doing this can allow all three rounds of a burst to be headshots at medium range and can also be used to keep all bullets on target for long-distance shots.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Theoretically, it is a powerful weapon, able to kill even the strongest non-heavy enemies in the game (excluding those in Endless Defense) with a single well-aimed burst, once properly modded.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Burston design was a source of much speculation as it did not directly fit the design aesthetic of the main factions. It was speculated that the Burston was an obsolete Grineer weapon; it was fielded by Grineer Elite Lancers prior to the release of the Hind in Update 9.6 and it also appeared in Grineer faction art. However, its redesign teased in Devstream 53 and subsequent release in Update: Specters of the Rail shows it to be of Tenno origin.
- The Burston also appeared in the original Dark Sector video, where it was used by the Grineer. However, the connection between this video concept and Warframe is still unclear.
- Strangely enough, the Burston used in the video fires in an automatic manner.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Burston Prime, the Prime version of this weapon.
- Sicarus, the pistol counterpart.
- Tiberon, another Tenno 3 round burst-fire rifle.
- Triple Tap, a Burston exclusive Conclave mod.