“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Broken War is a sword formed from a portion of the War greatsword, the weapon given to Stalker by the Sentient Hunhow. This broken version of War deals mostly Slash damage instead of War's Impact, making it better suited against health.
This weapon is a requisite for War.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
This weapon is granted as a reward for completing the The Second Dream quest with a free weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst. Additional copies can be built afterwards; the blueprint dropping from Shadow Stalker upon defeat, while its Hilt and Blades drop from Conculysts.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Highest damage of all swords.
- Innate and polarities.
- Lower Impact and Puncture damage, less effective against shields and armor.
- Stance slot has polarity, does not match the Conclave-only Rising Steel stance.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The listed Mastery Rank requirement only applies to the construction of additional copies of the Broken War. The copy of Broken War awarded at the end of The Second Dream is usable at any rank.
- The hilt and blade required to craft Broken War are tradeable; its blueprint is not.
- The Broken War is used to construct War, which will remove it from the inventory.
- Because the Broken War received from completing The Second Dream quest comes with a free catalyst, it is recommended not to use it to craft War, as the pre-installed catalyst will not carry over into the crafted War. This is especially advisable if you plan to buy Hunhow's Gift in the future, as this will allow you to obtain both a Broken War and War with pre-installed catalysts and avoid having duplicates.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Broken War is a piece of the larger War greatsword, which was split in two following the climax of The Second Dream quest, with the smaller piece torn being re-purposed as a one-handed sword.
- Prior to Hotfix 18.6.3, Broken War required War to craft and vice versa, making them the only two weapons to have recursive build requirements. This also meant that the only way players could own both weapons at the same time was to buy the Hunhow's Gift bundle, which includes War.
Media[edit | edit source]
Broken War Skins