The Bolto is a Tenno secondary that fires piercing bolts with a noticeable travel time.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against health.
- On kill, bodies will follow the bolt that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- A polarity slot.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Noticeable muzzle climb during rapid fire, reducing ranged accuracy.
- Bolto, compared to Akbolto:
- Higher base damage (45.0 vs. 27.9)
- Lower fire rate (6.83 rounds/sec vs. 10 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (15 rounds vs. 30 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (60 rounds vs. 120 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (1.3 s vs. 2.6 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 9)
- See Category:Bolto Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Bolto Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Higher fire rate can be achieved by tapping the trigger at specific intervals, not quickly tapping the trigger, as the fire rate will be lower.
- Pacing shots allows the Bolto to recover from a shot's muzzle climb, improving the accuracy of the following shot.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on elemental damage, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
- Bolts pin killed enemies to walls or floors.
- Unlike its akimbo variant, the Bolto doesn't have prime version.
Last updated: Update 22.15
- Akbolto, the dual wield counterpart of this gun.
- Boltace, the melee counterpart of this gun.
- Boltor, the rifle counterpart of this gun.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.