For the similarly named enemy, see Ballista.
The Ballistica is a secondary weapon that acts much like the Paris, but it instead shoots four arrows in quick succession with a tap of the trigger, or a single arrow if charged.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:40,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against health.
- Silent - will not be present on opponent's minimap.
- Uncharged shots fire four bolts consecutively.
- High fire rate.
- Fast projectile flight speed.
- Charged shots fire a single round.
- No projectile arcing.
- On kill, bodies will follow the bolt that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Low Impact and Slash damage - less effective against shields and health respectively.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Low accuracy and high horizontal recoil.
- Consumes 4 ammo per shot, resulting in a 4-shot magizine.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with five projectiles, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Charge Shot:
- Low projectile flight speed.
- Ballistica, compared to Rakta Ballistica:
- Ballistica, compared to Ballistica Prime:
- See Category:Ballistica Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Ballistica Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Track your targets constantly when burst-firing, as the recoil shifts sideways when firing.
- With enough fire rate speed, its DPS is actually bigger when fired charged compared to semi-auto firing.
- Unlike the other magazine based charge weapons ( Lanka and Ogris), there is a period between charge shots in which, if clicked too soon after a charge shot, the Ballistica will neither charge nor fire, roughly 0.5-0.8 seconds after firing a charge shot. This lowers the actual DPS of a charge build. Increasing the fire rate decreases this delay however.
- This crossbow has very little vertical recoil on burst fire. However, it spreads sideways, usually the initial shot on center, one to the right, then two to the left.
- Both the four-burst shot and the charged shot deal 100 damage, assuming all shots connect for the former.
- The charge shot only consumes one ammo while the burst consumes four, making the charge shot four times as efficient with ammo.
- Using charge shots can result in a burst shot firing less than four shots, if there is less than four ammo left in the magazine.
- You can only fire the Ballistica four times when using normal attacks, so a reload speed mod is recommended.
- Consider Ballistica as a burst-fire version of the single Bolto pistol. Although it bears a lower damage per bolt, its DPS in general is greater due to its higher rate of fire aspect. It also has a slightly larger magazine size, faster reload speed and it is the only secondary weapon that can charge fire. The downside of Ballistica is being very expensive to build and its burst fire has a greater recoil.
- Normal burst-fire attacks do not seem to pin enemies to walls.
- Name is likely based on the medieval siege weapon, the Ballista, due to both being related to crossbows and the similarity in the names.
- It may also be a pun on ballistic, and as a propelled projectile the Ballistica may be considered a ballistic weapon.
- Upon reload, the magazine will be dropped onto the ground and can be seen for a short time before disappearing.
- This gun has a non-static model as the strings glow and the arms cock back as a shot is charged. Additionally the arms fold in when the Ballistica is holstered and open up when it is selected, with a unique sound effect.
- The Ballistica is the first secondary to utilize a charge function, and the third to utilize burst-fire.
- It is so far the only weapon of any class to combine both.
- Although not entirely similar to bow weapons, due to the fact it uses pistol ammo and has a burst fire mode, it is similar to bows such as the Paris and Dread, as they are capable of firing both charged and uncharged shots. The bows, however, are silent, whereas the Ballistica has reduced-awareness properties.
- In the game, it is stated that normal attacks have no critical chance, however, these stats are not correct. It has been verified through testing.
- It would seem that the Ballistica does not retract its bows whenever its wielder performs a melee strike, as the Ballistica is forced on its holster. This is considered a bug as holstering the weapon usually retracts itself when switching.
- The Ballistica will open and retract in a split second while selecting customization options on Warframes and weapons, such as selecting an alternate helmet.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.9.1
- Paris, a silent primary bow.
- Dread, the Stalker's personal primary bow.
- Attica, the primary counterpart of this weapon.
- Rakta Ballistica, Red Veil custom version.