The Azima is a machine pistol available through the Daily Tribute system, as a reward for logging in for 100 cumulative days. Its Alternate Fire ejects its magazine as a turret, firing at nearby enemies in all directions.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- The Azima is exclusive to the Daily Tribute system. It will become available every 200 days, beginning at day 100, until chosen as the Milestone reward. The Azima comes with its own weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage - effective against health and shields (although Puncture and Impact is much better against the respective damage classes).
- Good zoomed accuracy.
- Very low recoil.
- High fire rate.
- High accuracy.
- High magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- Alt-fire ejects the entire magazine into a single shot that spawns an automated turret that shoots enemies.
- Comes with a and a polarity slot.
- Low base damage.
- Poor ammo efficiency, especially with alt-fire depleting entire magazines in a single shot.
- Alt-fire magazine ejection has travel time and travels in an arc.
Secondary Fire Properties[edit | edit source]
- The Azima's secondary fire function is quite unique - upon use, the current magazine is launched from the gun as a disc-shaped turret . It will bounce around the environment briefly, settle on the ground, then levitate while firing. The ammo within the magazine is fired outwards in a circular pattern; once depleted, the disc explodes after expending all ammo within the clip that it was launched with.
- Four rounds are fired in a cross "+" shape. The header of this shape rotates slowly as the disc fires.
- Fully loaded, a Azima magazine-turret will fire for approximately 10 seconds.
- The disc can be launched as long as there is at least one bullet left in the magazine.
- The height of the disc's levitation is a fixed value, independent of the ammo within or dimensions of the containing room.
- The disc is always aligned horizontally, regardless of the surrounding terrain.
- Multiple discs may be active simultaneously.
- The magazine-turret can be controlled via Ivara's Navigator ability.
- The disc's damage is not affected by Navigator's damage multiplier.
- While controlled via Navigator, discs will not fire until the ability is disabled and the disc settles on the ground.
- This can be used to relocate the disc to a more strategic position.
- If the disc comes into contact with the ground but resumes travelling via Navigator, it will explode upon expiration or deactivation of Navigator, regardless of any ammunition it was loaded with.
- Turret's bullets are not attracted by Magnetize.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When using the alternate fire, aim high to shoot the disc at a further distance.
- Or alternatively aim at the ground to place the disc right in front of you.
- The clip will detonate when empty, dealing a moderate amount of blast damage. The range of this blast however is very small.
- A Mirage using Hall Of Mirrors will launch multiple turrets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Azima's name likely stems from azimuth, whereas its design is based on a sundial.
- The Azima is the second weapon in Warframe that uses piece(s) of itself as part of its damage output, the first being Helios's Deconstructor which ejects parts of itself to damage enemies.
- The Azima can only be linked in the chat by using brackets if the player owns the weapon.
- The Azima's design may be based on the Cochran Turret Revolver.
- This would explain the ability to fire outwards when ejected. During regular firing, the muzzle flash appears to be coming from above the magazine, indicating cartridges aren't normally fired directly from the magazine.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 22.15