Blast enemies with glass slugs that devastate on impact. This is Gara's signature weapon.

The Astilla is GaraIcon272.png Gara's signature shotgun, firing glass slugs that explode and damage nearby enemies in a small radius, having strong Impact b.svg Impact and Slash b.svg Slash damage.

Manufacturing Requirements
Credits64.png
20,000
Tellurium64.png
4
Plastids64.png
875
Oxium64.png
175
Ferrite64.png
7,500
Time: 12 hrs
Rush: Platinum64.png 45
MarketIcon.png Market Price: Platinum64.png 240 Blueprint2.svg Blueprints Price:Credits64.png20,000

Characteristics[edit | edit source]

This weapon primarily deals Slash b.svg Slash damage.

Advantages:

  • High Slash b.svg Slash and Impact b.svg Impact damage – effective against health and shields (Puncture b.svg Puncture damage is better against health).
  • Impact with enemies or surfaces creates a shatter that inflicts a secondary source of damage to all enemies in a ~5m half-circle in front of the impact.

Disadvantages:

  • Third lowest damage of all shotguns after InfestedLongGunTwo.png Phage and CrpSplitRifle.png Convectrix.
    • Low Puncture b.svg Puncture damage – less effective against health.
    • Damage is unevenly distributed, dealing 30% on the slug and 70% on the explosion.
  • Linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 30m to 60m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
  • Fewer status counts due to firing a single projectile instead of multiple pellets.
  • Projectiles have travel time.
  • Ammo inefficient.
  • Shatter area of effect cannot hit enemies behind the location of impact.

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • The Astilla fires a slug rather than a traditional spread of pellets. Each slug will deal 30% of the damage to the target upon the initial hit, then explode in a ~5 meter radius and deal the remaining 70% as hemispherical damage. Both instances of damage have the same composition of damage types and each can deal status procs separately.
    • The damage listed in the UI is for both the slug and explosion; enemies hit only by the explosion will suffer less damage as a result.
  • The slug loses accuracy with distance and can be seen to veer off randomly past a certain point.

Tips[edit | edit source]

  • Due to the low ammo pool and slug mechanics it is recommended to treat the Astilla not like a automatic shotgun but instead like a automatic explosive rifle.

Trivia[edit | edit source]

  • "Astilla" is Spanish for "splinter".

Media[edit | edit source]

Patch History[edit | edit source]

Update 22.12

  • Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 10

Update 22.0

  • Introduced
Last updated: Hotfix 23.2.1

See Also[edit | edit source]

  • GlassKunai.png Fusilai, throwing knives with the same theme.
  • GlassHammer.png Volnus, a hammer with the same theme.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.