The Amprex is a Corpus rifle that is unlockable through the Energy Lab in the Dojo after researching the Dera. The Amprex can damage large crowds of enemies by firing multiple Electricity arcs that can chain between units.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- Innate Electricity damage – effective against health and shields.
- Electric current chains between enemies.
- Multiple shots hit enemies in all directions.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Damage cannot be converted with Slash, Impact or Puncture mods.
- Damage ramps up from 25% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 25% over 2 seconds.
- Slow reload speed.
- Main beam has a limited range of 18 meters.
- Chain beam has a limited range of 10 meters.
- See Category:Amprex Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Amprex Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Resource-heavy to craft, requiring 8 Fieldron and 3 Argon Crystals, as well as 9000 Ferrite.
- The Amprex fires a single beam of electricity which then chains to nearby enemies.
- The beam will chain to the closest living enemy in range dealing half damage to it. From there it will chain additional times (3 to 4 times total), halving the damage each time.
- Headshotting the original target does not affect damage from chain lighting.
- Chain lightning will also be emitted if an enemies corpse is chosen as the original target.
- Additional electrical arcs are also emitted, striking randomly around the player. However, these stray arcs are purely visual in effect.
- After the clan obtains the Energy Lab, it will take exactly 12 days to research this weapon.
- The Amprex's name is a portmanteau of the words Ampere (the base unit of the International System of Units used to quantify electric current) and the word Rex, which is the Latin word for king.
- The word ampere itself is named after a French mathematician and physicist, André-Marie Ampère, who's also considered to be one of the fathers of classical electromagnetism, most commonly known for Ampère's Circuital Law.
- Like the Flux Rifle and Detron, Amprex does not conform to the common Corpus weapon name scheme; two syllables ending in 'a'.
- The weapon shares its similarities on its battery components with Tetra.
- This is the third Primary weapon that deals purely Electricity damage, after the Lanka, and Synapse.
- This is the second clan weapon that does not need a Forma in its construction.
- Hatches on the side of the Amprex slowly open up during firing, spreading vanes underneath. This animation is a visual indicator of the weapon's magazine capacity, with the vanes spreading out more the closer the magazine is to empty. The hatch closes upon reloading.
- This is the first weapon in Energy Lab whose duplication costs 50,000 credits.
- After Update 15.13, the chained beams were changed to be affected by Sinister Reach as well. As of Update 22.14, this is no longer the case.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|