Draws power from the decibel level of sound in the area and uses it to amplify a damage buff for Octavia and her allies. It also doubles the damage and range of nearby Mallets.
|Strength:0.2x (min damage multiplier)|
0.5x (max damage multiplier)
- Octavia throws an amplifier device in an arc toward the direction she aims. Upon impact, the amplifier transforms the ground into a dance floor, encompassing the surrounding terrain in a field of sound sensors with a radius of 14 meters for 30 seconds. While standing inside the Amp field, Octavia and her allies gain a scaling weapon damage multiplier with a minimum of 0.2x to a maximum of 0.5x, depending on the sound level in the environment.
- Sounds originating from gunfire, footsteps, alarms, melee strikes, abilities such as Mallet, Resonator, and Metronome, and many more can affect Amp's damage multiplier.
- Amp damage multiplier is displayed as an icon with the current damage multiplier in percentage, beside the shield and health indicator on the top-right of the HUD.
- When Mallet is hovering over an Amp field from any Octavia player, the percussive aura will double in damage and range.
- Can be recast while active to create a new Amp field. Octavia is limited to only 1 active Amp field at a time.
- Casting Amp is not a One-Handed Action as it interrupts other actions, but allows movement.
- Amp field sound sensors visually produce sound bars that enlarge, shrink, stretch vertically, horizontally and diagonally depending on Percussion, Bass, and Melody music from Octavia's other abilities.
- Sound sensors will only visibly react to the owner Octavia's abilities and not from other Octavia players in a squad. This is a visual effect only, as the sound level in the environment does affect any Amp field's damage multiplier.
- The thrown amplifier device serves both as a visual anchor point and generator for the Amp field.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.