It can be used on the following weapons:
- The explosion deals 250 damage to the target, as well as to nearby enemies within 10 meters of the blast.
- The radius can be increased with .
- The explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- The explosive damage from this mod cannot be increased with base damage, such as , and elemental mods such as , but it will be increased by Expel mods, like .
- Cannot be used on ( ), , and .
- The explosions are silent.
- The explosions will not damage enemies that the point of explosion does not have a line of sight to, whether it is obstructed by walls, objects, or even other enemies or their corpses.
- The explosions themselves cannot proc Status Effects.
- The explosion damage is not affected by the Extinguished Dragon Key.
- Pair with high-rank Multishot for maximum effect. You will have a 98.56% chance of at least one explosion at max rank with a maxed and . You will have a 40.96% chance of three explosions.
- Damage can be increased with 's or 's .
- When facing groups of enemies at medium to long range, maximize splash damage by aiming for a nearby wall or floor surface rather than directly at an enemy.
- If a weapon equipped with this mod is modded for punch through, the projectiles will pass through targets up to the listed amount, only being able to detonate afterward.
- Unlike , 's clones do not deal the full damage of the explosions.
- Because of their high fire rate and clip size, and are excellent candidates for this mod. With maxed Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, and Gunslinger, they can achieve 180% multishot and with a very high fire rate, making 250 damage per shot have excellent DPS.
- Concealed Explosives will not cause explosions when an enemy is directly hit with a thrown projectile. Players may get better results from the mod by aiming at the floor near the enemy instead.