It can be used on the following weapons:
- The explosion deals 250 Blast damage to the target, as well as to nearby enemies within 10 meters of the blast, and it does NOT scale with distance.
- The blast radius cannot be modified by any means.
- The explosion will only deal 70 damage to the player.
- The explosive damage from this mod cannot be increased with base damage, such as Hornet Strike, and elemental mods such as Heated Charge, but it will be increased by Expel mods, like Expel Infested.
- This mod can not be used on any other secondary, including the (Sancti) Castanas, Pox and Talons.
- The explosions are silent.
- The explosions will not damage enemies that the point of explosion does not have a line of sight to, whether it is obstructed by walls, objects, or even other enemies or their corpses.
- The explosions themselves cannot proc Status Effects.
- Pair with high-rank Multishot for maximum effect. You will have a 98.56% chance of at least one explosion at max rank with a maxed Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent. You will have a 40.96% chance of three explosions.
- Damage can be increased with Rhino's Roar.
- When facing groups of enemies at medium to long range, maximize splash damage by aiming for a nearby wall or floor surface rather than directly at an enemy.
- Unlike Thunderbolt, Mirage's Hall of Mirrors clones do not deal the full damage of the explosions.
- Because of their high fire rate and clip size, Hikou and Hikou Prime are excellent candidates for this mod. With maxed Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, and Gunslinger, they can achieve 180% multishot and with a very high fire rate, making 250 damage per shot have excellent DPS.
- Concealed Explosives will not cause explosions when an enemy is directly hit with a thrown projectile. Players may get better results from the mod by aiming at the floor near the enemy instead.
- Thunderbolt, the bow version.