Combustion Beam is a mod that causes enemies killed by Held Trigger primary weapons to explode, dealing up to 600 damage shortly after death.
- The Explosion does 600 Blast damage in an 18m radius at max rank.
- Combustion Beam is only usable on primary continuous weapons. This includes Robotic Weapons like Artax , Cryotra, and Verglas.
- A notable exception to this rule is the Tenet Flux Rifle, because it was derived from continuous weapon ( Flux Rifle), even though its firing mechanics are similar to an automatic rifle.
- Combustion beam essentially functions as a weaker Molecular Prime (chain reaction effect), making it effective at clearing weak low level enemies very rapidly.
- Enemies and the environment may block the AoE effect from reaching them, making it less consistent against tight crowds of enemies.
- Enemies who are vaporized when killed (e.g. Volatile Runner) will not activate the bonus damage effect.
- Because the Panthera's secondary fire has a continuous and fixed range, Combustion Beam can also be equipped on it. Enemies killed by either the primary or secondary fire will trigger the explosion.