The Comba is a special Corpus infantry unit. Like the Scrambus, the Comba is capable of projecting an aura from their helmet that disrupts Warframe abilities. The nullification aura also disrupts the player's HUD.
A Comba's loadout is modular, and they can be equipped with one type of nullification aura combined with one type of weapon. There are four classes of nullification auras, and four weapons that Combas can equip, thus there are sixteen different possible combinations of loadouts possible for Combas, making them unpredictable in the field.
Combas have access to 4 different nullification auras, each disrupting only a certain category of Warframe abilities. They will periodically hold their arms in front of them to charge up their helmets, releasing an expanding aura within a 15 meter radius that disables certain abilities for 2.5 seconds. The helmet design changes depending on the aura equipped, allowing them to be identified visually.
Shooting the aura enough times or simply killing the Comba will cause the aura to disperse. Shooting off the Comba's helmet will also permanently prevent them from projecting an aura.
Each Comba can be equipped with one of the following weapons in combination with any of the four different auras above:
- Swarmer: Swarmer-type Combas are equipped with Detrons, however their versions have a slower flight speed, can home in on targets, and deal Blast damage instead of Radiation.
- Seeker: These Combas are equipped with Angstrum rocket launchers loaded with target-seeking missiles that deal Blast damage on impact. These rockets move slower, and are fired in bursts of three to four.
- Whip: Designed for close-quarters fighting, these Combas use Lecta electric whips.
- Energy Shield: Primarily defensive in nature, these Combas can deploy elliptical energy shields in front of them that block all incoming attacks. They can be identified by the large emitters on their forearms. In a pinch, they will attack by swinging their emitters at nearby targets, dealing Electricity damage.
A Fog Comba disrupts Perception-type abilities. They wear tall, cylindrical helmets inscribed with Corpus text.
A Nul Comba disrupts Buff & Debuff-type abilities. They wear tall, boxy helmets with a blue, cross-shaped light strip.
A Sap Comba disrupts Damage-type abilities. They wear a visor consisting of a long, protruding box, while the lower half of their face remains exposed.
A Slo Comba disrupts Mobility-type abilities. They wear tall, boxy helmets with a single white, vertical light strip in the middle.
- The Comba's helmets emit a distinct pinging sound that can alert players to their position within 50 meters, giving ample warning as to their presence.
- Since their nullification abilities are tied to their helmets, a Comba's nullification field can be disabled by shooting off their helmets.
- The Combas (and their counterparts, the Scrambuses) may easily be found on medium to high level Corpus controlled planets such as Europa, Neptune or Pluto.
- The Comba (along with their counterparts, the Scrambuses) are the first enemies in WARFRAME to have both male and female versions. They are also the first Corpus enemies to feature females.
- Their design may have been inspired by Derf Anyo, an upcoming tag-along boss that will fight alongside Nef Anyo when the latter is added back into the game as an assassination target/boss.