- For the cipher minigame, see Hacking.
A Cipher is a gear item used during Hacking to automatically line up sections or insert the dials of the hack to automatically solve the puzzle. One blueprint will produce 1 or 10 cipher(s), depending on the blueprint.
|Time: 1 min|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 500|
|Time: 1 min|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 250,000|
- Ciphers, among other consumables, changed from credit buyable to blueprint only in Update 10.0.
- A maximum of 200 Ciphers may be taken into any single mission.
- This item can help when attempting the Mastery Rank 4 Test (advancing from Rank 4 to 5), in which you have to hack terminals against a time limit. Terminals will have up to 9 panels (more than the normal ones you encounter in game). 10 Ciphers are enough to pass the test with ease.
- While hacking, the Cipher can be quickly used by pressing . Currently, this will function regardless of which slot the ciphers are equipped into, and even if the player no longer has default key bindings for using items.
- Ciphers cannot be used during Sorties.
- If the player is quick enough they can use the cipher before the puzzle appears
- A Cipher is an algorithm for decryption or encryption.
- Using a Cipher is the only way to not trigger the intrusion detection on complex Corpus consoles.