WARFRAME, like other online games possesses an in-game Chatting system. It is within this feature that a player can communicate with other players. The regions players are in will determine which chat servers they will enter. These are:
- Squad chat, allows you to chat with your fellow squad members in a mission.
- Hub chat, allows you to chat within a player hub's instance, such as Cetus or Relay.
- Clan chat, allows you to chat with fellow clan members.
- Alliance chat, allows you to chat with fellow clan members belonging to the same alliance.
- Region chat, allows you to chat with anyone within the same region.
- Council chat, allows you to chat with fellow Tenno Council members.
- Recruiting chat, allows you to recruit fellow Tenno into a squad for a certain activity.
- Trading chat, allows you to look for any trades to make as well as post your own.
There is also a filtering system under Region, Recruiting, and Trading chat to omit or include terms that you are looking for in a particular channel.
Chat commands are typed in line with the message with a single space between the command and the message.
|See Chat Commands|| |
|Talk to Region (global)|| ||Switch to global (aka Region) chat tab and optionally post message|
|Talk to Clan|| ||Switch to Clan chat tab and optionally post message|
|Talk to Squad|| ||Switch to Squad chat tab and optionally post message|
|Talk to Relay|| ||Switch to Relay chat tab and optionally post message|
|Talk to Design Council|| ||Switch to Council chat tab and optionally post message. Only usable by those in the Design Council.|
|Talk to user (whisper)|| ||Send a private message to user|
|Ignore/Un-ignore user|| ||This does not block Clan invitations from the ignored user. Additionally, an ignored user will get "User is not accepting invitations." warning when attempting to invite your to their squad, and "User is ignoring you." warning when attempting to send you a whisper message you or add you as a friend. If they are already your friend, they will not be automatically removed as your friend however.|
|Switch Active Chat Tab|| ||Switches to the next chat tab to the right of the currently active one|
|Add Friend|| ||Add user as a friend with an optional "message"|
|Remove Friend|| |
|Set Clan "Message of the day"|| ||Requires Ruler or Herald permissions.|
|Invite user to session|| |
|Join a user's session|| |
|View user profile|| |
|Jump to first player in user list with letter|| |
|Disables private messages and invites|| ||Do Not Disturb, will provide an auto-response "Hello, I'm using Do Not Disturb mode. Please contact me later". Note that players who already sent you a whisper message in this game session before you enabled /dnd mode will still be able to continue messaging you.|
|Enables private messages and invites|| |
|Teleports you back to the last "good" position|| ||Only usable in missions with a 2 minute cooldown between uses. Also sends a bug report to Digital Extremes at the end of the mission.|
|Linking to an item|| ||Typing 'Riven Mod', 'Song', 'Zaw', 'Amp' or 'Kitgun' will open menus where player can select the desired item to link.|
|Linking Warframe appearances|| ||Pulls up a window with loadouts for selection.|
|Linking Warframe/weapon mod configuration|| |
|Linking Octavia's Songs|| ||Pulls up a window with songs for selection.|
|Linking to Clan's profile page|| |
|Linking to user's profile page|| ||Will also ping this channel in user's chat window.|
|Query farm locations|| || Only works in Region and Relay channels. item can be the name of a warframe, weapon or resource and may optionally be enclosed in . |
|Query event schedule|| || Only works in Region and Relay channels. |
E.g. to see Baro Ki'Teer's schedule:
|Fun responses||See KickBot||Only works in Region and Relay channels.|
There is a partial access to private chat and trading history, with the following observations:
- Only PC users are able to access the history.
- The history is only available until the game is restarted.
- The history is not accessible via the game, other applications have to be used (e.g. Windows Notepad).
- Only certain information is recorded, including:
- The names of players with whom you were in a squad.
- The names of players with whom you had private conversations.
- Your outgoing private messages.
- The names of players you traded with.
- Names and quantities of items (including Platinum) that you both bought and sold when trading.
- Names of items that you bought from the Market.
- Names of items that you attempted building in the Foundry.
- No messages in public chat channels, such as Clan, Recruiting or Trading, nor any incoming private messages are recorded.
The history can be accessed in C:\Users\WINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.log, but note that this file is automatically overwritten every time you start the game. Using a text editor, such as Windows Notepad, you can do a text search in this file for the following:
ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: F
- This will find names of players with whom you had private conversations. E.g.
1743.266 Script [Info]: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: FPrivateMessengerPlayer to index 6
- This will find your outgoing private messages, including the name of the recipient player. E.g.
1847.978 Net [Info]: IRC out: PRIVMSG RecipientPlayer :Outgoing message
MatchingServiceWeb::ProcessSquadMessage received JOIN message
- This will find names of any players that were in a squad with you (self included), e.g. those you did a mission with, or those you teamed up with in order to trade. E.g.
2531.781 Net [Info]: MatchingServiceWeb::ProcessSquadMessage received JOIN message from SquadMemberPlayer
wants to trade with you
- This will find names of any players that tried to trade with you. Note that this will not include players that you attempted to trade with, but it will include players that attempted to trade with you, but you declined and so no trade actually happened. E.g.
2617.190 Script [Info]: Dialog::CreateOkCancel(description=TradingCandidatePlayer wants to trade with you. Would you like to join their trading session?, leftItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Ok, rightItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Cancel)
Are you sure you want to accept this trade?
- This will find any trade details you have attempted, including the name of the trading partner, both bought and sold items and Platinum. E.g.
2640.533 Script [Info]: Dialog::CreateOkCancel(description=Are you sure you want to accept this trade? You are offering:
- ASH PRIME BLUEPRINT
- and will receive from TradingPartnerPlayer the following:
- PLATINUM x 100, leftItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Ok, rightItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Cancel)
- If the trade was completed successfully, a few lines below you should find the following, albeit without the name of the trading partner:
2646.343 Script [Info]: Dialog::CreateOk(description=The trade was successful!, leftItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Ok)
- This will find records of any purchases you made from the Market. Once this record is found, you will need to do a reverse search for
PopulateInfo->to recover the name of the purchased item. E.g.
- 3239.730 Script [Info]: PopulateInfo->/Lotus/StoreItems/Weapons/Tenno/LongGuns/DoubleBarrelShotgun/TennoDoubleBarrelShotgun
- 3248.563 Sys [Info]: Created /Lotus/Interface/PurchaseCelebration.swf
Are you sure you want to build
- This will find the names of any items that you attempted building in the Foundry (but note that the record will still still remain even if the build is subsequently cancelled). E.g.
3487.620 Script [Info]: Dialog::CreateOkCancel(description=Are you sure you want to build 'CIPHER'?, leftItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Ok, rightItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Cancel)
Players who receive chat suspensions will be prevented from accessing the chat channel that they had acted inappropriately in or all chat channels depending on the severity of the offense. These chat suspensions can last from one hour to one week depending on the severity of the offense and repeated violations. Please refer to the official Community Guidelines for chat guidelines.
/i userdoes not block Clan invitations from the ignored user. Additionally, in some ways behaves as a "block" command, since it will print "User is not accepting invitations." warning to an ignored user that attempts to invite your to their squad, and "User is ignoring you." warning to an ignored user that attempts to send you a whisper message you or add you as a friend. This appears to contradict the
/?description of this command claiming this to be an "ignore" command (the conventional meaning of which would imply that the ignored user would not be tipped off that they are being ignored).
/dnd"Do Not Disturb" command has no effect on players who already sent you a whisper message in this game session before you enabled /dnd mode, who will still be able to continue messaging you.
- Sending a message to trading before the cooldown expires yields a message saying "Please limit your advertising to once every __ seconds." The number it pulls from, however, is not the frequency at which a user can post but rather the amount of time left until next post.
- The command "Reply to last message" (
/r msg) was redesigned in one of the game updates in favor of the tabbed chat style into "Talk to Relay".