|This article is archived. |
The content was relevant to an obsolete version of Warframe, and has since been removed, retrieved and or revamped.
Please do not use this article for critical in-game information!
Update 26.0 removed channeling functionality, replaced by Heavy Attacks.
- Main article: Category:Channeling Mods
Channeling converts energies from the Warframe energy pool to enhance melee attacks and blocking, and is activated by using the Melee Channeling key with the option of toggling. The melee weapon must be equipped in order to use Melee Channeling. While Melee Channel is activated, each enemy hit in melee will drain 5 Energy from the Warframe and deal +50% increased damage and any additional effects from channeling mods. Additionally, +50% increase to damage over time per tick from statuses, e.g., slash or toxin, when they are applied while channeling.
Channeling Multiplier = 1 + 0.5 × Channeling Damage Mods
The damage dealt by Channeling can be improved by mods like Killing Blow. In addition, various mods such as Reflex Coil can improve the energy efficiency of Channeling, while mods like Life Strike will grant bonuses but reduce Channeling efficiency. The list of Channeling mods can be found here.
- When active, parts of the Warframe tinted by the Accent color will glow according to the Warframe's energy color, while parts of the melee weapon which gain elemental effects will glow according to the melee weapon's energy color.
- Warframe Skins will change the patterns of the channeling glow, as they will usually change the position of sections tinted by the Accent color.
- Armor parts will also glow while under the effects of channeling. Despite having their own Energy Color in the Attachments tab, Armor will glow using the Warframe's energy color instead.
- When using Excalibur's Immortal Skin, the parts of the Warframe tinted by the Primary color will glow instead.
- Damage bonus from channeling and combo counter stack additively with each other, as per the formula:
Effective Damage Multiplier = 1 + (Channeling Multiplier - 1) + (Combo Multiplier - 1)
- As example while channeling without channeling damage mods and at a combo counter of 2.5x you gain a combined damage multiplier of 1 + (1.5 - 1) + (2.5 - 1) = 3x.
- Enemies killed by Channeled attacks can still be affected by Desecrate.
- Channeling will consume energy for each successful strikes. Strikes that do not connect do not drain energy, nor do strikes that connect to neutral objects like Containers.
- Energy is drained per enemy hit, i.e. hitting two enemies in one swing will consume twice the energy.
- Energy drain rates are affected with Channeling Efficiency mods and not Ability Efficiency mods.
- Channeling Efficiency has a maximum cap of 80% with Reflex Coil and Focus Energy even while they both have a total of 100% efficiency.
- Channeling increases damage based on total melee damage, which is the sum of the base damage plus any physical damage and elemental mods.