Cetus Wisps are odd beings found hovering on the edge of most bodies of water in the Plains of Eidolon, and are also purchasable from The Quills for 2,000 (available at the rank of Architect ), or during Operation: Plague Star from Operational Supply for 750 + 1,500 .
Cetus Wisps are generally found on the banks of Gara Toht Lake and the smaller pools of landlocked water. When approached by a player Wisps will spend a few more moments hovering in the same location (for approximately 5 seconds), before floating up towards the sky and disappearing in a small burst of light. They will be deposited in the player's inventory should the player manage to touch it.
Identified more as a loot pickup than a non-hostile NPC, they are widely used as a resource for crafting. Items that require Wisps as a component are Amp and Zaw components, Gara's chassis and Revenant's systems.
Blueprints Requiring Cetus WispsEdit
- Wisp spawn locations are shared between players. They can be picked up and marked by other players, meaning if one player fails to retrieve it (by letting it float away), other players can still pick it up.
- In addition to their reactive escape mechanism, Wisps will periodically despawn if located but not collected within a certain amount of time. This makes waiting for Smeeta Kavat's Charm a risky venture.
- As of Update 24.6 players can obtain Wisps from Quill Onkko for 2,000 at the rank of Architect.
- Wisps show up as loot on the Plains. Therefore, Loot Detector, Animal Instinct, and Thief's Wit can be used to identify them, greatly reducing time used for searching.
- Wisps are not highlighted by Codex or Synthesis Scanners.
- Stealth abilities will not prevent wisps from escaping. Vacuum and Greedy Pull will not pick them up and players must manually collect the Wisp, given that Wisps also ignores the 3-meter universal vacuum.
- Wisps can be picked up while in Archwing. Itzal allows players to quickly skim fly around using Cosmic Crush ability to suck up wisps. Bring a Loot Detector to see them in your Archwing ( Thief's Wit won't work).
- Wisps can be picked up by Titania while in Razorwing form simply by flying through the wisp.
- Wisps can be picked up by the Chesa Kubrow.
- Wisps can be encountered at any time of day, though they can be easier to see at night. The blue shimmer on the ground at night in fact makes these harder to see. During the day the contrast of colors makes them easier to see.
- During the day, 3-4 Wisps will spawn across the entirety of the Plains. At night, the number of Wisps spawned will increase to 6-8.
- It is possible for Gara Toht Lake to spawn up to 4, or even 5 at night.
- Wisps have set spawn points and will choose from a subset of those to spawn at upon entering the Plains, after which no more Wisps will spawn for that session. To continue searching for more Wisps, players will have to spawn a new instance of the Plains.
- An active Resource Booster or the periodical Charm buff will double the number of Wisps picked up for the duration.
- Judging from symmetrical shape, design, material, glowing light, and the fact they are more abundant at nighttime, the Cetus Wisp is possibly Sentient in nature. They are likely a harmless, minuscule fragment of the fallen Eidolon.