This weapon can be sold for 5,000; it is also a requisite ingredient for (x2).
- High damage – effective against armor.
- High status chance.
- High magazine size.
- Very high accuracy.
- Fast fire rate.
- Low and no damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Very low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Requires a spool-up of 6 shots before optimal fire rate is achieved.
- Fire rate starts at 60% of the listed value, and increases by 8% per shot.
- High recoil when fully spooled.
- Poor ammo economy.
- Cestra (attack: Normal), compared to Dual Cestra (attack: Normal):
- Lower burst DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (224.38 vs. 505.05)
- Lower sustained DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (175.61 vs. 326.5)
- Lower fire rate (8.33 round(s)/sec vs. 18.75 round(s)/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 round(s) vs. 120 round(s))
- Smaller max ammo capacity (420 round(s) vs. 480 round(s))
- Faster reload time (2 s vs. 3.5 s)
- More accurate (33.33 vs. 20)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.52 vs. 1.35)
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- Despite the high rate of fire, there is a significant and mandatory pause between releasing the fire button and being able to fire again, limiting the Cestra's ability to fire single shots or short bursts.
- If you are planning to make extensive use of this weapon, and/or will be necessary to fight the Infested; as this weapon has no Damage, neither nor will have any effect.
- (or its ), , or Squad Ammo Restores will be necessary to counteract the high rate of ammo consumption.
- While having good base accuracy, the Cestra has significant recoil that scatters its shots, making it ineffective for long range shooting. is a must if one plans to utilize the Cestra's high base accuracy effectively.
- To counteract the pause that occurs between releasing and pressing the fire button, use fire rate mods like or .
- The Cestra's barrel rotates clockwise slowly when not in use, and spins faster as it is fired.
- The reload animation consists of the player pulling out the barrel, flipping it and reinserting it back into the Cestra, oddly making the revolving barrel the magazine itself.
- This may suggest that the cylinder may be composed of two separate batteries; one used to fire plasma shots while the other is collecting energy from the ammunition reserve of the user.
- The Cestra may be a numeral-derived name, just like other Corpus-designed weapons released around the time: the , which has a barrel with four blocks attached and a "quad-chambered magazine"; and the , which has a five-grenade magazine. Cestra may be a corruption of Sexa-/Sext-, from sixth, and has a rotating section with six blocks.
- While Tetra- and Penta- are Greek numeral prefixes, Sexa-/Sext- is a Latin numeral prefix. The appropriate Greek prefix would be Hexa-.
- Currently, the Cestra and its counterparts ( and ) cannot increase the damage of .
- When holding a Datamass in a mission, the Datamass will spin whilst reloading.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.5 (2018-12-13)
- , the Rifle version of this weapon.
- , the dual wield version of this weapon.
- , the custom dual wield version of this weapon, used by The Perrin Sequence.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|