|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- High status chance.
- High magazine size.
- Very high accuracy.
- Fast fire rate.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Does not benefit from Slash mods.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Very low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Has a short spool-up time before reaching optimal fire rate.
- High recoil when fully spooled.
- Poor ammo economy.
- Cestra, compared to Dual Cestra:
- Lower fire rate (8.33 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 120 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (420 rounds vs. 480 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 3.5 s)
- More accurate (33 vs. 20)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.52 vs. 1.35)
- See Category:Cestra Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Cestra Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Despite the high rate of fire, there is a significant and mandatory pause between releasing the fire button and being able to fire again, limiting the Cestra's ability to fire single shots or short bursts.
- If you are planning to make extensive use of this weapon, Heated Charge and/or Expel Infested will be necessary to fight the Infested; as this weapon has no Slash Damage, neither Razor Shot nor Maim will have any effect.
- Pistol Ammo Mutation (or its Primed counterpart), Trick Mag, Pistol Scavenger or Squad Ammo Restores will be necessary to counteract the high rate of ammo consumption.
- While having good base accuracy, the Cestra has significant recoil that scatters its shots, making it ineffective for long range shooting. Steady Hands is a must if one plans to utilize the Cestra's high base accuracy effectively.
- To counteract the pause that occurs between releasing and pressing the fire button, use fire rate mods like Gunslinger or Lethal Torrent
- The Cestra's barrel rotates clockwise slowly when not in use, and spins faster as it is fired.
- The reload animation consists of the player pulling out the barrel, flipping it and reinserting it back into the Cestra, oddly making the revolving barrel the magazine itself.
- This may suggest that the cylinder may be composed of two separate batteries; one used to fire plasma shots while the other is collecting energy from the ammunition reserve of the user.
- The Cestra may be a numeral-derived name, just like other Corpus-designed weapons released around the time: the Tetra, which has a barrel with four blocks attached and a "quad-chambered magazine"; and the Penta, which has a five-grenade magazine. Cestra may be a corruption of Sexa-/Sext-, from sixth, and has a rotating section with six blocks.
- While Tetra- and Penta- are Greek numeral prefixes, Sexa-/Sext- is a Latin numeral prefix. The appropriate Greek prefix would be Hexa-.
- Currently, the Cestra and its counterparts ( Dual Cestra and Secura Dual Cestra) cannot increase the damage of Antimatter Drop.
- When holding a Datamass in a mission, the Datamass will spin whilst reloading.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.5
- Supra, the Rifle version of this weapon.
- Dual Cestra, the dual wield version of this weapon.
- Secura Dual Cestra, the custom dual wield version of this weapon, used by The Perrin Sequence.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.