Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Toxin damage.
- Innate Toxin damage – effective against Flesh and bypasses Shields and Proto Shields.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Good critical chance.
- Tied with Glaive Prime and Pathocyst for the second highest status chance of all glaives, behind Falcor.
- Can be wielded in-tandem with a single-handed secondary weapon.
- Holding the melee button throws the glaive, which can bounce up to three times, travel up to 26 meters uncharged, and 33 meters fully charged before returning to the user, damaging anyone in its path. Meleeing while the glaive is in mid-flight commands it to return.
- Primary and secondary weapons can be fired and reloaded normally with a thrown glaive, and retrieving the glaive does not interrupt these actions. Additional throws can also be "buffered" while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Innate 1 meter punch through.
- Thrown glaive is silent.
- Heavy Attacks while the glaive is in mid-flight produce a 4.8 meter explosion and forces the glaive to return.
- Explosion has guaranteed Toxin proc.
- No damage falloff.
- Can use the Glaive-exclusive mods Combo Fury, Power Throw, Quick Return ( Volatile), Rebound ( Volatile), and Whirlwind.
- Innate and polarities.
- Innate Toxin damage – less effective against Machinery, Robotic, and Fossilized.
- Low Impact damage – less effective against shields.
- Exploding glaive has low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Cannot use melee attacks or block while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The thrown attack deals physical damage, with Puncture damage as the dominant damage type.
- Physical damage mods (like Sundering Strike) increase this damage.
- When combining elemental damage mods, the Cerata's innate Toxin damage is added last.
- When equipping the Cerata, the player can throw it and then press the melee button to detonate the Cerata, dealing high AoE damage and making it return to the player immediately. This is true for all thrown melee weapons.
- This is very useful for regenerating health with Life Strike.
- It can explode in this manner when not equipped and thrown, but the explosion timing cannot be controlled and will often damage the user in close quarters.
- It should be however noted that finisher attacks can still be executed while the weapon is in the air.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cerata (from the Greek word keras/keratos meaning “horn”, a reference to the shape of these structures) are anatomical structures found externally on nudibranches. They are typically used to aid respiration but are sometimes used for attack and defense.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The Cerata will appear very small in the codex, after the selected Warframe holds the weapon upwards it will become normal sized again.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.