Cephalon Cy is a Cephalon that serves as the navigator and executive officer of the Tenno's Railjack, functioning as mission control during Railjack missions. His dialogue is characterized by a curt, no-nonsense attitude though with occasional lapses into dry humor.
|Time: 6 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 35,000|
|Railjack Lab Research|
|Time: 1 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Realizing the growing threat of the Sentients, Cephalon Cy instructs the Tenno to build a Railjack, an ancient Orokin warship dating back to the Old War. As he guides the Tenno to locate parts for construction, Cy attempts to search for a viable Command Cephalon for the Railjack, claiming he is not one.
During construction, Cy suffers traumatic flashbacks to his original crew, who perished during the Old War while attempting to behead a Sentient fleet. Furthermore, it seems heavily implied that the cause of his crew's death was Cephalon Cy himself either shutting down the Railjack's systems or refusing to aid and respond to their commands. He declares that the reason for this is that their deaths "complete the mission", and while one of his duties is to ensure his crew's safety, his primary objective, and that of his crew, is to complete the mission. By allowing them to die, he further declares that he single-handedly completed the mission. In retrospect, he still laments this decision and ponders why he was "given THOSE orders". But regardless of who did, he nevertheless carried them out and this incident caused him to believe that he was no longer a viable Command Cephalon, only agreeing to be installed in the Railjack when he realizes no other potential Cephalon has data or experience with space warfare, and to understand why records of that mission were eliminated from the Cephalon weave.
- During earlier previews his role was instead assumed by Cephalon Ordis and thus of a wildly different tone.
- Unlike many previous Cephalons, Cephalon Cy's visual representation is made up of multiple flat images superimposed over each other to form a three-dimensional arrangement (an upside-down pyramid) instead of a polyhedron. Also, his default color is red, rather than white, blue, or yellow.
- However, when he recalls his past memories during the Rising Tide quest, he turns white.
- Some Meditation Quotes from Cephalon Cy are adapted from literature:
- "That which can be destroyed by the truth should be." - P.C. Hodgell, Seeker's Mask
- "It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet" - Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy
- "In battle, if you make your opponent flinch, you have already won." - Miyamoto Musashi
- Cephalon Cy is voiced by Stefan Martello.