The Caustacyst is an scythe that deals damage, and its heavy attacks create a trail of sludge that damages and staggers enemies who walk into it.
- Highest base damage of all scythes.
- Second highest status chance of all scythes, behind .
- Heavy attacks throws a 5m wide wave of up to 30 meters in the direction of the player's aim. The wave leaves a temporary trail on the ground, damaging and staggering enemies standing in it.
- stance polarity matches .
- Innate polarity.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 230||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Bio Lab Research3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
|Combo Name||Attack Multipliers
and Forced Procs
|Avg Dmg Multi/s||Length||Animation|
360°/Spin Attack • Slam Attack • Ranged Attack • Thrust Attack
- When performing a heavy attack, the Caustacyst throws a toxic wave in the direction of the player's aim. This wave will travel up to 35 meters, dealing damage to all enemies it hits. The wave will also leave behind a temporary 4 second 20x2m trail of pools on the ground that deal 5 damage every second to enemies that stand on it.
- Wave has base damage of ~192 .
- Wave has Damage Falloff, reducing its damage by 100% at the end of wave.
- Wave range is not affected by or .
- Wave has infinite Punch Through.
- Corrosive pools will deal damage the moment it contacts the enemy, so enemies may be dealt up to 25 damage at base.
- The wave inherits any elemental damage from mods and can proc their status effects, having an approximated 10% base status chance.
- Enemies hit by the wave are also staggered, making them vulnerable to melee finishers (default ) and susceptible to stealth damage multipliers.
- Enemies stunned by these pools do not have their alert status changed; enemies can be damaged by the pools and still be killed for stealth kills as long as their stun animation is still playing.
- This allows players to launch a pool, then launch up to 3 more charge attacks before the enemy can become alerted.
- The Caustacyst is an excellent weapon against the Grineer, allowing for and to be used at the same time, as well as additional to attack their health or for extra stunning capabilities.
- Alternatively, it can be paired with for bonus damage against Alloy Armor, pairing with 's innate armor-peeling to allow for more general use against Grineer enemies.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|