“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Actual stats of heavy attack projectile + trail
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals Corrosive damage.
- Highest base damage of all scythes.
- Highest status chance of all scythes.
- Heavy attacks throws a Corrosive wave of up to 20 meters in the direction of the player's aim. The wave leaves a temporary trail on the ground, damaging and staggering enemies standing in it.
- stance polarity matches Stalking Fan.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Corrosive damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Lowest critical chance of all scythes.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 230||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When performing a heavy attack, the Caustacyst throws a toxic wave in the direction of the player's aim. This wave will travel up to 20 meters, dealing Corrosive damage to all enemies it hits. The wave will also leave behind a temporary trail on the ground that deals Corrosive damage to enemies that stand on it.
- Enemies hit by the wave are also staggered, making them vulnerable to melee finishers (default ) and susceptible to stealth damage multipliers.
- Enemies stunned by these pools do not have their alert status changed; enemies can be damaged by the pools and still be killed for stealth kills as long as their stun animation is still playing.
- This allows players to launch a pool, then launch up to 3 more charge attacks before the enemy can become alerted.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Caustacyst is an excellent weapon against the Grineer, allowing for Corrosive and Viral to be used at the same time, as well as additional Heat to attack their health or Electricity for extra stunning capabilities.
- The slow attack speed can be mitigated by equipping Fury ( Prime) alongside Berserker and Gladiator Vice.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first melee weapon with innate Corrosive damage.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Embolist, a secondary pistol which shares the same theme.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.