Warframe is a game based in part on Digital Extreme's earlier successful project, Dark Sector. These are the features in Warframe based on aspects of Dark Sector.
While these aspects are based on Dark Sector, they do not confirm a link in the lore and universes between the two games, only suggest one. Please keep that in mind when adding this category to pages and reading the linked pages information.
From the game:
- Tenno: The name of Warframe's player faction comes from Hayden Tenno, the protagonist of Dark Sector.
- Excalibur: Around mid-game of Dark Sector, Hayden steals a power suit that looks similar to Excalibur.
- Black Market: During the Vor's Prize Quest, Ordis uses the term "black market scumbags" when restoring the Market segment. Throughout Dark Sector, weapons were available from the "black market".
- Excalibur Proto: A skin introduced in Update 12.6 which highly resembles Hayden Tenno's suit.
- Nyx: Nadia Sudek/Nemesis, the one who infects Hayden Tenno in the first place, uses a power suit that has a Nyx looking helmet.
- Nyx Nemesis Skin: A skin introduced in Hotfix 16.4.3 which highly resembles Nadia Sudek's suit.
- Infestation: The Technocyte Virus plays a big part of the game and is what Hayden is infected with. This is similar to the virus that created the Infested. The Lephantis looks similar to Dark Sector's Mezner Boss and has similar mechanics.
- Glaive: The Glaive is a weapon commonly used in Dark Sector alongside Hayden Tenno's sidearm. It is created with his infected arm and obtains upgrades regularly throughout the game.
- Proto-Glaive: The Glaive Proto Skin is a cosmetic skin for Throwing Melee weapons, released in Update 16.9 in commemoration of Warframe's Second Anniversary. This skin looks similar to the Glaive used in Dark Sector by Hayden Tenno.
- Grineer: The Grineer are present in the 8 minute trailer of Dark Sector as an enemy. While not in the release version of Dark Sector, the Lasrian Troopers look similar to them.
- Lotus: The Lotus symbol is seen throughout Dark Sector, including the game's logo. It is also the game's icon and in-game organization. Additionally, during the cutscene at the end of the Prologue, Robert Mezner tells Hayden the following: "You know of the Lotus? Prized as a rare beauty... and yet, it blooms amidst filth and decay. Of course, you die in the process. But I think you of all people deserve it."
- Dark Sectors: Dark Sectors are locations which can be claimed by Clans. They bear the same name as the game Dark Sector.
- Clan Emblem: The default Clan Emblem and the Alliance Emblem bear the same logo of Dark Sector.
- Weapon Sounds: A few weapons use very similar sounds to those in Dark Sector, such as the Corinth and the Lex.
- Stingers: The Zealoid Prelate looks similar to the Stinger enemies encountered throughout Dark Sector.
From the trailer:
- Liset: The Liset looks the same as the ship Dex flies in the Dark Sector trailer.
- Jackal: An armored quadruped vehicle in Dark Sector. It looks like a Grineer version of the Jackal on Venus.
- Dex: The name of the woman piloting the Liset in the trailer is Dex. This is possibly the inspiration names of the Dex Sybaris, Dex Furis and Dex Dakra weapons.
- End-Mission Animation: In the trailer, Hayden Tenno is seen stepping into the Liset the exact same way warframes do during the extraction cutscene. The room is exactly the same and also features the hanging Corpus-like suits in the background.
- Burston: Grineer enemies used the Burston in the 2004 trailer, but as an automatic rifle instead of a burst rifle. Grineer Elite Lancers used this weapon as a placeholder until replaced by the Hind.
- Solar rails: Hayden mentions Solar Rails in the beginning of the trailer.
- Lotus Quote: Some things Hayden says are also said by the Lotus (e.g. "There are Grineer marines all over." and "For generations we slept..." as opposed to the Lotus saying "For generations, you slept...").
- Aklato: Hayden uses the Aklato when he shoots the Grineer soldiers.
- Sounds: Grineer marines used to make the same voice lines as the lines used in Dark Sector. (before they were changed to speak Grineer).
- Corpus-like Suits: Can be seen at 6:39.
- Stalker: Begins with whispers almost identical to the Stalker.
- Trinity: Can be seen at 2:05 in this trailer, albeit with a different glow pattern on the face plate.
- Ship: The first corridor to be seen looks exactly like one of the Corpus' corridors.
- Barrels: Same destructible Corpus containers. Seen multiple times.
All items (24)