Catabolyst is an Infested sidearm that fires short-ranged Corrosive beam. When reloading the Catabolyst's clip is thrown like a grenade, with greatly increased potency if reloading from an empty clip.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon primarily deals Corrosive damage.
- Innate Corrosive damage – effective against Ferrite Armor and Fossilized.
- Very high critical multiplier.
- Extremely high status chance.
- High fire rate.
- Fairly fast reload speed.
- Innate 0.9 meter Punch Through.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Reload throws a grenade at the reticle that explodes on impact with a surface or enemy.
- Damage, critical chance, status chance, and explosion range increase when reloading with no ammo in the magazine.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Corrosive damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Primary beam:
- Low critical chance.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 80% from 9m to 19m target distance. Distances are affected by Projectile Speed but do not increase the maximum range of the beam.
- Damage ramps up from ?% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to ?% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 19 meters.
- Reload grenade:
- Low base critical chance.
- Has travel time.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from central impact.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 190||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Will not reload automatically on an empty magazine, preserving the grenade. The player must manually reload the weapon or attempt to shoot again to throw the grenade.
- If reload is interrupted after throwing an empty clip, reloading again will throw a weaker grenade.
- The grenade throwing animation speed is affected by reload speed.
- Synth Charge increases the grenade damage.
- Increasing magazine capacity has no effect on grenade damage.
- Adding additional Punch Through affects the reload grenade, causing it to deal miniscule damage and pass through the floor without causing an explosion.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Multishot does not affect the reload grenade.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its name is based on catabolysis, a biological process in which the body breaks down fat and muscle tissue for survival.
Media[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Sporothrix, a sniper rifle that shares the same visual theme.
- Pulmonars, a melee weapon that shares the same visual theme.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|