Carving Mantis is a stance mod for Dual Swords type weapons. It combines strong slashes and quick stabs while keeping forward momentum.
Can be equipped on:
- Dark Split-Sword (Dual Swords)
- Dex Dakra
- Dual Cleavers ✓
- Dual Ether
- Dual Heat Swords
- Dual Ichor
- Dual Kamas ✓
- Dual Kamas Prime ✓
- Dual Keres ✓
- Dual Raza ✓
- Dual Skana ✓
- Dual Zoren
- Nami Skyla ✓
- Nami Skyla Prime ✓
- Prisma Dual Cleavers ✓
- Twin Basolk
- Twin Krohkur ✓
✓ denotes weapon with matching Stance polarity
|Combo Name||Button Combination|
|Rapid Incisions||2x200%200%300%1x 300% 1x 150% 1x 600% 1x 200%|
|Biting Mandibles||2x2x2x200%+1x 200% 1x 100%300%200%200%2x500%|
|Dire Courtship||2x2x+150%1x 200% 1x 150% 300%1x 600% 1x 200% 2x 100%|
| Slide +
| In Air +
| Wall Dash +
|Knockdowned Enemy + 2x400%|
|360° Attack Slam Attack Proc|
- With the amount of forced procs in this stance, it is ideal for use with Condition Overload, especially on dual swords that have decent status chance like the Prisma Dual Cleavers and Twin Krohkur.
- The final attacks of Ambush Predator will cause both a Slash and Impact proc.
- The third and fifth attacks of Rapid Incisions will cause both a Slash and Impact proc.
- The final attack of Dire Courtship will cause both a Slash and Impact proc.
- The final attacks of Rapid Incisions, Biting Mandibles, and Dire Courtship will cause a knockdown and deal 500% bonus damage, totaling up to 600% damage.
- The final attacks of Rapid Incisions and Dire Courtship also force a slash proc.
- After finishing Dire Courtship, continuing to attack will repeat the combo starting from the third attack. This can be done indefinitely.
- Many of the combos cause the weapon do 25% more slash damage.
- Dire Courtship may be a reference to a female Praying Mantis' tendency to decapitate its mate.