Carbides are a common component dropped by Eximus units found in the Grineer Shipyard tileset (e.g. most Ceres nodes). They can also be found in Empyrean missions as a possible loot drop. They are used in constructing, upgrading, and maintaining the Railjack.
Blueprints Requiring Carbides
- This item can be acquired in the Grineer Shipyard tileset on Ceres, occasionally dropped by Eximus units on death. This resource will not drop from enemies in other tilesets, regardless of Eximus status.
- Joining a Railjack squad for Empyrean missions is a way to gain large amounts of ship materials, including Carbides. Use recruiting chat to matchmake, as clicking on the node does not automatically do so, yet.
- Seimeni, Ceres is a Dark Sector Defense mission that is very good for farming, yielding 100 or more at wave 20 due to high Eximus spawn rate.
- Kuva Lich and Arbitrations missions can spawn Eximus units more often as a result of their higher level, allowing for easier farming.
- The Mobile Defense node Kiste on Ceres can be good for a quick way to farm due to the high chance of Prosecutors spawning. These Prosecutors are considered as Eximus units and can drop the resource.
- Carbides can be found on all Grineer Shipyard tileset nodes, including Berehynia and Marid on Sedna.
- When running a Railjack mission to farm Carbides, it is important to note that all Carbides , Pustrels, Cubic Diodes and Copernics are stored in the Railjack's forge in order to manufacture consumable items (such as Revolite). The Forge holds a default of 200 of each resource, after which additional gathering is automatically distributed to the squad. When you want to distribute the Forge resources to the squad you press "Refine" from one of the Forge stations while still in mission. You should only do this right before returning to dry dock, as you might still need them to craft things like Revolite, Flux Energy, Munitions and Dome Charges if continuing directly to another mission! This feature was designed to streamline item crafting in Railjack missions.
- A carbide is a compound of Carbon and a metal. As per the resource's description, some real-life carbides are incredibly durable and very heat-resistant compared to other metals.
- This resource is presumably used for riveting.