Carbides are an uncommon component dropped by Eximus units found in the Grineer Shipyard tileset (e.g. most Ceres nodes). They can also be found in Empyrean missions along with other Update 26.1 Materials. They are used in repairing the Railjack.
Blueprints Requiring CarbidesEdit
|Railjack Propulsion Systems Repair||Component||(60)|
|Railjack Port Nacelle Repair||Component||(60)|
Last updated: Update 26.1
- This item can be acquired in the Grineer Shipyard tileset on Ceres, occasionally dropped by Eximus units on death. This resource will not drop from enemies in other tilesets, regardless of Eximus status.
- Joining a Railjack squad for Empyrean missions is a way to gain large amounts of ship materials, including Carbides. Use recruiting chat to matchmake, as clicking on the node does not automatically do so, yet.
- Seimeni, Ceres is a Dark Sector Defense mission that is very good for farming, yielding 100 or more at wave 20 due to high Eximus spawn rate.
- Kuva Lich and Arbitrations missions can spawn Eximus units more often as a result of their higher level, allowing for easier farming.
- The Mobile Defense node Kiste on Ceres can be good for a quick way to farm due to the high chance of Prosecutors spawning. These Prosecutors are considered as Eximus units and can drop the resource.
- Carbides can be found on Sedna too on Berehynia and Marid nodes which have the Grineer Shipyard tileset.
- A carbide is a compound of Carbon and a metal. As per the resource's description, some real-life carbides are incredibly durable and very heat-resistant compared to other metals.