Carbides are a common Resource dropped by Eximus units found in the Grineer Shipyard tileset, primarily Ceres. They can also be found in Empyrean missions as a possible loot drop. They are used in constructing, upgrading, and maintaining the Railjack.
Blueprints Requiring CarbidesEdit
- Carbides are significantly more common in Empyrean than in the Grineer Shipyard tileset.
- Kuva Lich and Arbitrations missions can spawn Eximus units more often as a result of their higher level, allowing for easier farming.
- Any Endless mission types on Ceres is a great source for Eximus units, with higher waves spawning more Eximus units.
- The Mobile Defense node Kiste on Ceres can be good for a quick way to farm due to the high chance of Prosecutors spawning. These Prosecutors are considered as Eximus units and can drop the resource.
- Carbides may be dropped as an end mission reward of Railjack missions at amounts of 1200, 1500 or 2700 depending on luck. (Empyrean Rewards)
- Carbides can be found on Berehynia and Marid, Sedna, which use the Grineer Shipyard tileset.
- When running Empyrean missions to farm Carbides, all Carbides, Cubic Diodes, Pustrels and Copernics are stored in the Railjack's Resource Forge in order to manufacture consumable items. The Forge holds a default of 200 of each resource, after which additional gathering is automatically distributed to the squad, until the mission is completed. Pressing the "Refine" button from one of the Forge station will distribute the resources to the entire squad.
- A carbide is a compound of Carbon and a metal. As per the resource's description, some real-life carbides are incredibly durable and very heat-resistant compared to other metals.
- This resource is presumably used for riveting.