Capture is a Mission type requiring the player to find a person of interest, incapacitate them before they escape, and capture said target before heading to extraction.
Players must first locate the Capture Target, who typically spawns in a room used exclusively for the Capture mission type (though the Capture Target may spawn in a "generic" room that is used regardless of mission type). Once the Capture Target spots the player, the Target will immediately start running away to avoid capture, ultimately making his way to a ship or a safehouse. If the Target reaches that location, players will no longer be able to capture him, failing the mission. In order to actually capture the Target, players must attack him until he falls to the ground, helplessly squirming until the player interacts with the downed target, transferring him to a safe location. Players can head to extraction once the Target is successfully captured.
The Capture Target runs faster than most Warframes, is immune to most Warframe abilities, and will have an ability to evade his pursuers (such as Radial Blast or Smoke Screen). Coupled with incoming enemy fire (who will ignore the target regardless of faction allegiance) and having much more health than the enemies present, players must get close in on the target quickly before they leave the map, where the mission will fail.
Once the target has fallen for 30 seconds, he will enter a bleedout state for the next minute. If players do not complete the capture before then, the target will die and fail the mission.
|Earth||Mantle||Grineer||2 - 4||1|
|Venus||Venera||Corpus||5 - 7||1|
|Mercury||Elion||Grineer||7 - 9||1|
|Mars||Ara||Grineer||10 - 12||2|
|Phobos||Skyresh||Corpus||12 - 14||2|
|Ceres||Lex||Grineer||14 - 16||2|
|Jupiter||Ananke||Corpus||16 - 18||2|
|Europa||Abaddon||Corpus||21 - 23||3|
|Saturn||Cassini||Grineer||21 - 23||3|
|Uranus||Ariel||Grineer||25 - 27||3|
|Neptune||Galatea||Corpus||27 - 29||3|
|Eris||Isos||Infestation||32 - 36||3|
|Pluto||Hydra||Corpus||30 - 34||3|
|Lua||Copernicus||Corpus||25 - 30||3|
|Void||Hepit||Orokin||10 - 15||1|
|Void||Ukko||Orokin||30 - 35||3|
Since Update 19.0 Capture enemy types are split into 3 tiers: Easy (1-10), Medium (10-20), Hard (20+). Unlike other missions types the tier does not affect the reward given from capturing a target.
Corpus Nullifiers and white-suited Corpus Targets (capable of creating a Snow Globe-esqe barrier) do not appear on lower level Capture missions.
These white-suited Targets often wield the Glaxion, which seems to do far more damage to players than normal.
- The Capture Targets drop Credits as they're attacked.
- Capture Targets cannot be Banished by Limbo, but can still enter the Rift Plane by walking into a Cataclysm.
- Capture Targets cannot be Mind Controlled by Nyx.
- Capture Targets will flee the moment the Lotus tells you that you have found them, regardless of if the capture target itself has actually seen you or you have seen it.
- Due to this, it is impossible to score stealth damage bonuses against the target.
- Once the target is alerted, all enemies will become automatically alerted, making stealth kills impossible after this point. Enemies will also move to your position if you decloak from stealth, and there is no way to "reset" this alert status.
- Capture targets may appear as Nullifier Crewmen. When capturing them, be aware that their nullifier shield will regenerate. If you are invisible or have a defensive ability on such as Iron Skin, it will be removed upon entering the shield, allowing enemies around to attack.
- Due to some targets releasing non-allied units like Shield Ospreys due to a bug, enemies may focus their attack on that enemy instead of you while you capture the target.
- Some Grineer Targets possess shields as well as armor, being the only non-boss Grineer enemies to do so.
- Similarly, all Corpus Targets have armor, being among the few Corpus units to have such a commodity.
- Targets cannot be knocked down, but can be ragdolled by slam attacks from the Jat Kittag and other weapons.
- All capture targets have significantly more health, armor, and shield than their level implies. In fact, some have double the stats of that level making higher level capture targets resist several shots from weapons like the Tigris Prime.
- You can trap the capture target in Gara's Mass Vitrify to trap the target and keep it from running away, making the objective easier.
Unlike other mission types, all capture missions outside of the Void pull from the same pool of rewards regardless of level.
|Omni Ammo Box||0.34%|
|Lith C4 Relic||12.5%|
|Lith C5 Relic||12.5%|
|Lith D1 Relic||12.5%|
|Lith K3 Relic||12.5%|
|Lith L2 Relic||12.5%|
|Lith M4 Relic||12.5%|
|Lith S8 Relic||12.5%|
|Lith V6 Relic||12.5%|
- Hepit, Void
|Meso D4 Relic||6.25%|
|Meso E3 Relic||6.25%|
|Meso N7 Relic||6.25%|
|Meso N8 Relic||6.25%|
|Meso T1 Relic||6.25%|
|Meso T3 Relic||6.25%|
|Meso W1 Relic||6.25%|
|Meso Z3 Relic||6.25%|
|Neo A3 Relic||6.25%|
|Neo C1 Relic||6.25%|
|Neo M2 Relic||6.25%|
|Neo R2 Relic||6.25%|
|Neo S13 Relic||6.25%|
|Neo T2 Relic||6.25%|
|Neo Z3 Relic||6.25%|
|Neo Z4 Relic||6.25%|
- Ukko, Void
- There is a rare bug where when the Corpus capture target cloaks itself it will be cloaked permanently. This could possibly occur because of host or client lag.
- Sometimes, when an assassin/death squad appears, the capture target may glitch if the person capturing him dies and the death squad leaves. Usually it will make the target appear outside the map.
- Void capture targets will sometimes deploy units like Shield Ospreys to protect them, although these units are occasionally not allied with the caster or with the Corrupted faction, and therefore do not provide any benefit to the target.
- Targets may fall out of the map after being ragdolled if flying out of bounds, in similar locations where the player is teleported to the previous location after falling out. This can result in the mission failure, more commonly the target will teleport back to the location before being ragdolled.
- There is an uncommon bug where the player can actually kill the capture target. Although the target is "dead", an invisible body will still remain in its place and let the player capture it anyway, thus making it purely a visual glitch that does not affect gameplay.
- After the target has been captured, it is possible to still perform stealth kills on Hydra, Pluto.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Defection • Defense • Excavation • Exterminate • Hijack • Interception • Junction • Mobile Defense • Rescue • Sabotage (Deception, Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy • Survival|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush|
|Unique||Arena (The Index, Rathuum) • Assault • Disruption • Infested Salvage • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Free Roam||Bounty • Heist|
|Arena||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Hazards • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure|