Capture is a Mission type requiring the player to find a person of interest, incapacitate them before they escape, and capture said target before heading to extraction.
Players must first locate the Capture Target (Grineer Target, Corpus Target or Nullifier Target), who typically spawns in a room used exclusively for the Capture mission type (though the Capture Target may spawn in a "generic" room that is used regardless of mission type). Once the Capture Target spots the player, the Target will immediately start running away to avoid capture, ultimately making his way to a ship or a safehouse. If the Target reaches that location, players will no longer be able to capture him, failing the mission. In order to actually capture the Target, players must attack him until he kneels, remaining still until the player interacts with the downed target, transferring him to a safe location. Players can head to extraction once the Target is successfully captured.
The Capture Target runs faster than most Warframes, is immune to most Warframe abilities, and will have an ability to evade his pursuers (such as Radial Blast or ). Coupled with incoming enemy fire (who will ignore the target regardless of faction allegiance) and having much more health than the enemies present, players must get close in on the target quickly before they leave the map, where the mission will fail.
Once the target has fallen for 30 seconds, he will enter a bleedout state for the next minute. If players do not complete the capture before then, the target will die and fail the mission.
Capture missions may turn into Exterminate missions after the target has been captured. This is accompanied by Lotus saying "Change of plans, ignore your original objective, leave nothing alive". Exterminate missions of this type appear to have a much lower amount of kills needed to complete than normal.
|Earth||Mantle||Grineer||Capture||2 - 4||Grineer Forest|
|Venus||Venera||Corpus||Capture||5 - 7||Corpus Outpost|
|Mercury||Elion||Grineer||Capture||7 - 9||Grineer Asteroid|
|Mars||Ara||Grineer||Capture||10 - 12||Grineer Settlement|
|Void||Hepit||Corrupted||VoidCapture1||10 - 15||Orokin Tower|
|Phobos||Skyresh||Corpus||Capture||12 - 14||Corpus Ship|
|Deimos||Horend||Infested||Capture||12 - 14||Orokin Derelict|
|Ceres||Lex||Grineer||Capture||14 - 16||Grineer Shipyard|
|Jupiter||Ananke||Corpus||Capture||16 - 18||Corpus Gas City|
|Europa||Abaddon||Corpus||Capture||21 - 23||Corpus Ice Planet|
|Saturn||Cassini||Grineer||Capture||21 - 23||Grineer Galleon|
|Uranus||Ariel||Grineer||Capture||25 - 27||Grineer Sealab|
|Lua||Copernicus||Corpus||Capture||25 - 30||Orokin Moon|
|Neptune||Galatea||Corpus||Capture||27 - 29||Corpus Outpost|
|Pluto||Hydra||Corpus||Capture||30 - 34||Corpus Ship|
|Void||Ukko||Corrupted||VoidCapture3||30 - 35||Orokin Tower|
|Eris||Isos||Infested||Capture||32 - 36||Infested Ship|
Since Update 19.0 (2016-11-11) Capture enemy types are split into 3 tiers: Easy (1-10), Medium (10-20), Hard (20+). Unlike other mission types, the tier does not affect the reward given from capturing a target.
- The Capture Targets drop Credits as they're attacked.
- Capture Targets cannot be ed by , but can still enter the Rift Plane by walking into a .
- Capture Targets cannot be led by .
- Capture Targets will flee the moment the Lotus tells you that you have found them, regardless of if the capture target itself has actually seen you or you have seen it.
- Due to this, it is impossible to score stealth damage bonuses against the target.
- Once the target is alerted, all enemies will become automatically alerted, making stealth kills impossible after this point. Enemies will also move to your position if you decloak from stealth, and there is no way to "reset" this alert status.
- When capturing a Nullifier Target, be aware that their nullifier shield will regenerate if it was dispelled without destroying their nullifier drone. If you are invisible or have a defensive ability on such as , it will be removed upon entering the shield, allowing enemies around to attack.
- Due to these targets releasing non-allied units like Shield Ospreys due to a bug, enemies may focus their attack on that enemy instead of you while you capture the target.
- Some Grineer Targets possess shields as well as armor, being the only non-boss Grineer enemies to do so.
- Similarly, all Corpus Targets, including Nullifier Targets, have armor, being among the few Corpus units to have such a commodity.
- Targets cannot be knocked down, but can be ragdolled by slam attacks from the and other weapons.
- All capture targets have significantly more health, armor, and shield than their level implies. In fact, some have double the stats of that level making higher level capture targets resist several shots from weapons like the .
- You can trap the capture target using 's to trap the target and keep it from running away, making the objective easier.
- The Capture mission type has a built-in anti-farming mechanism which reduces affinity from capturing a target to a flat 250 affinity (instead of up to 3000 affinity) if the player completes too many Capture missions of the same tier in a row.
- Completing a non-Capture mission or a Capture mission of a different tier is usually sufficient to reset this mechanism and restore affinity rewards to their normal values.
Unlike other mission types, all capture missions outside of the Void pull from the same pool of rewards regardless of level.
|Omni Ammo Box||0.34%|
- Hepit, Void
Affinity rewards scale with mission level, up to a maximum of 3000 affinity, and are given for capturing the target.
- There is a rare bug where when the Corpus capture target cloaks itself it will be cloaked permanently. This could possibly occur because of host or client lag.
- Sometimes, when an assassin/death squad appears, the capture target may glitch if the person capturing him dies and the death squad leaves. Usually it will make the target appear outside the map.
- Void capture targets will sometimes deploy units like Shield Ospreys to protect them, although these units are occasionally not allied with the caster or with the Corrupted faction, and therefore do not provide any benefit to the target.
- Targets may fall out of the map after being ragdolled if flying out of bounds, in similar locations where the player is teleported to the previous location after falling out. This can result in the mission failure, more commonly the target will teleport back to the location before being ragdolled.
- There is an uncommon bug where the player can actually kill the capture target. Although the target is "dead", an invisible body will still remain in its place and let the player capture it anyway, thus making it purely a visual glitch that does not affect gameplay.
- After the target has been captured, it is possible to still perform stealth kills on Hydra, Pluto.
- Because a capture target will only flee once the lotus exclaims you have found them (aka getting within 100 meters and aiming the reticule near their position) you can simply avoid looking at them such as the ground or moving backwards, and get close to them to avoid them from running entirely.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • |
Rescue • Sabotage (Assault, Deception, Hive,
Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy
|Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • |
Infested Salvage • Interception • Survival
|Free Roam||Bounty (Isolation Vault • Heist)|
|Arena||The Index • Rathuum|
|Special||Granum Void • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush • Sabotage|
|Empyrean||Skirmish • Defense • Exterminate • Orphix • Volatile|
|PvP||Conclave||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Other||Frame Fighter • Duel|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Environmental Hazards • Invasions • Kuva Siphon • |
Kuva Lich • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sorties • The Steel Path • Void Fissures