Captura is an in-game image capture and editing tool that allows players to manipulate and compose scenarios for screenshots.
To access it, go to your Warframe in the arsenal, and click on appearance, the Captura option will be around the top right corner of your screen.
The Menu allows the player to Tilt (/ ) the current scene, Ascend and Descend( , ) the camera along its vertical axis, and open the Advanced Menu( ).
The Advanced Menu gives the player the options of settings various aspects of the scene such as:
- Choose between at least 8 different filters that alter the atmosphere of the image.
- Change the Depth of Field to draw more focus to an element of the image.
- Extend the Field of View to show the entire landscape, or close in on an element for a portrait.
- Add graininess to the image.
- Increase the exposure to bring more light to the image, or decrease it to make it darker.
- Saturating the image will add more vibrancy to the colors, likewise, desaturating will set the image closer to gray-tone.
- Choose between 34 different scenes.
The player may also use features such as the 3 Light Setup.
Scenes allow the player to select an area in which to compose a new scenario for screenshots.
|Image||Scene Name||Offered By|
|Corpus Ship Maintenance Scene||Unlocked by default|
|Grineer Galleon Cargo Scene||Unlocked by default|
|Infested Ship Hologram Scene||Unlocked by default|
|The War Within Choice Scene||Unlocked after finishing The War Within quest.|
|Umbra's Courtyard Scene||Unlocked after finishing The Sacrifice quest.|
|Grineer Forest Factory Scene||Earth, Forgotten Grineer Storage Containers|
|Grineer Forest Industry Scene||Earth, Forgotten Grineer Storage Containers|
|Grineer Forest Water Pump Scene||Earth, Forgotten Grineer Storage Containers|
|Corpus Ship Freight Scene||Sanctuary Onslaught, Rotation A|
|Grineer Sealab Centrifuge Scene||Sanctuary Onslaught, Rotation A|
|Grineer Settlement Artillery Scene||Sanctuary Onslaught, Rotation B|
|Kuva Fortress Crevice Scene||Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, Rotation A|
|Lua Balcony Scene||Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, Rotation A|
|Inaros Tomb Scene||Baro Ki'Teer, 175,000 + 325|
|Orokin Tower Extraction Scene||Baro Ki'Teer, 175,000 + 325|
|Cressa's Garrison Scene||Steel Meridian, 100,000 Standing at General Rank.|
|Grineer Settlement Reactor Scene||Steel Meridian, 100,000 Standing at General Rank.|
|Kuva Throne Scene|| Steel Meridian, 100,000 Standing at General Rank.
(must have completed The War Within quest)
|Arbiter's Tribunal Scene||Arbiters of Hexis, 100,000 Standing at Maxim Rank.|
|Lua Nursery Scene|| Arbiters of Hexis, 100,000 Standing at Maxim Rank.
(must have completed The Second Dream quest)
|Lua Containment Scene|| Arbiters of Hexis, 100,000 Standing at Maxim Rank.
(must have completed The Sacrifice quest)
|Suda's Datascape Scene||Cephalon Suda, 100,000 Standing at Genius Rank.|
|Corpus Ice Planet Wreckage Scene||Cephalon Suda, 100,000 Standing at Genius Rank.|
|Hunhow's Datascape Scene|| Cephalon Suda, 100,000 Standing at Genius Rank.
(must have completed Octavia's Anthem quest)
|Chamber of the Lotus Scene|| Cephalon Suda, 100,000 Standing at Genius Rank.
(must have completed Apostasy Prologue quest)
|Ergo's Boardroom Scene||The Perrin Sequence, 100,000 Standing at Partner Rank.|
|Corpus Gas City Scene||The Perrin Sequence, 100,000 Standing at Partner Rank.|
|Mycona Colony Scene|| The Perrin Sequence, 100,000 Standing at Partner Rank.
(must have completed The Glast Gambit quest)
|Veil's Binding Scene||Red Veil, 100,000 Standing at Exalted Rank.|
|Infested Ship Bridge Scene||Red Veil, 100,000 Standing at Exalted Rank.|
|Harrow's Temple Scene|| Red Veil, 100,000 Standing at Exalted Rank.
(must have completed Chains of Harrow quest)
|Hunhow's Chamber Scene|| Red Veil, 100,000 Standing at Exalted Rank.
(must have completed The Second Dream quest)
|Amaryn's Retreat Scene||New Loka, 100,000 Standing at Flawless rank.|
|Grineer Shipyards Manufactory Scene||New Loka, 100,000 Standing at Flawless rank.|
|Silver Grove Shrine Scene|| New Loka, 100,000 Standing at Flawless rank.
(must have completed The Silver Grove quest)
|Lunaro Arena Scene||Conclave, 100,000 Standing at Typhoon Rank.|
|Teshin's Refuge Scene||Conclave, 100,000 Standing at Typhoon Rank.|
|Colour Key Scene||Cephalon Simaris, 100,000 Standing.|
|Orokin Derelict Plaza Scene||Cephalon Simaris, 100,000 Standing.|
|Sanctuary Conduit Scene||Cephalon Simaris, 100,000 Standing.|
|Plains of Eidolon Scene||Ostron, 130,000 Standing at Kin Rank from Old Man Suumbaat.|
|Cetus Scene||Ostron, 130,000 Standing at Kin Rank from Old Man Suumbaat.|
|Onkko's Command Post Scene|| The Quills, 100,000 Standing at Architect Rank.
(must have completed The War Within quest)
|Orb Vallis Scene||Solaris United, 130,000 Standing at Old Mate rank from Smokefinger|
|Ventkids Clubhouse Scene|
|Saturn Six Scene||
Nightwave, The Wolf of Saturn Six, Rank 23
|Gas City Alad's Laboratory Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Central Drop Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Cloud Vista Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Corridors Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Dead Exit Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Elemental Distribution Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Elemental Refinement Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Lifts Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Lobby Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Lower Foyer Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Regulators Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Upper Logistics Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Gas City Walkway Scene||Rare Lockers found on Jupiter.|
|Deck 12 Scene||Dropable from Exploiter Orb.|
|Hydroid's Relay Scene||Dog Days Tactical Alert Mission 2|
|Dog Days Scene||Nakak , 1,000 Nakak Pearls only during Dog Days Tactical Alert|
- In order to use features like Filters or DoF, the player must have Color Correction and Depth Of Field turned on in the game's options menu. As some players prefer to keep these options turned off, this forces the player to manually turn these options back on for each Captura session.
- The player is only allowed to spawn a maximum of 3 enemies in a session. This can be worked around slightly by spawning in units who themselves spawn in more enemies, such as Drahk Masters or Boilers.
- Enemies cannot be spawned in Syndicate or Conclave scenes.
- The lighting for the Color Key Scene is not even, and has many dark spots as well as lighting being pointed only one way in some cases. Turning up the brightness alleviates this issue, but only exacerbates the unnatural coloring of warframes in this mode (see bugs).
- You cannot hide chat at all while in Captura, so while you can take manual screenshots without HUD in settings (PC), this is not possible when recording the screen through video and the chat will still appear.
- The Lunaro Arena Scene only allows usage of your Lunaro Loadout.
- When enemies hit the player with melee or bullets, they will still glow as if they were damaged, which can ruin captura scenes with the player partially glowing in the spot enemies hit them.
- Zooming in / Aiming with a Synthesis Scanner scanner whilst switching into camera mode, will allow you to keep the orange tint seen on the HUD, without the scanner's overlay appearing. Going back into your warframe (or operator) and zooming out on the synthesis scanner will remove the orange tint.
- With the addition to it being joinable by other players, the ability to pause the game, even when joining captura solo, has been disabled.
- You cannot do standing finishers on enemies in this mode in most cases, only finishers on knocked down enemies.
- After it was made so the player has a working arsenal console to change equipment and loadouts the lighting and textures completely changed, and most characters will appear brighter and washed out in the Color Key Scene. A default Mag for example will have the metal rings on her feet appear like a matte plastic, rather than a shiny metal.
- This is similar to the Simulacrum, where players will be coated in an oily texture, but while still remaining their "true" colors and textures as shown in actual missions.
- The pause menu camera is still linked to the player's Warframe/Operator. This can be seen when centering the camera on the character and moving only right or left, and you will notice that the Warframe will not stay centered, as the camera slightly angles itself towards the Warframe.
- Selecting the Slow Motion option will slow down all movement, including pressing the escape button to show the HUD menu and going into the arsenal. This also will delay color changes you make to a weapon after leaving.
- The in-game Chat function is not hidden in any way when in Captura and as such, can get in the way when recording footage of this mode, and is especially intrusive in the Color Key scene. To counter this, the player can either enter the mode in "Friends Only", "Invite Only" or "Public" (although public will allow anyone in your clan/friends list to join you) which will give you the "Squad Chat". This can be used to hide messages from your clan, but will still show the chat icon in the bottom left for a short time when exiting a menu.
- This is only a problem with recording Video of the game, or if the player wants to include the HUD in their screenshots.
- The camera cannot be placed into most objects, enemies, or players, however there is a way to glitch the camera and force it to go into the listed objects and allow cinematic shots and/or PoV shots of weapons. A full tutorial on this can be found here.