Call of the Tempestarii is an optional solo-only quest released in Update 30.0 (2021-04-13), where Corpus captain Vala Glarios seeks the void vessel called the Tempestarii. Completing this quest awards the blueprint for .
Cephalon Cy discovers Corpus convoys exploring Void anomalies in Veil Proxima and decides to bring the Tenno along to investigate. Upon arrival, the Tenno gets intercepted by Vala Glarios and her fleet, followed by the ghost ship the Tempestarii, helmed by Sevagoth's Shadow. Escaping the ambush, the Tenno infiltrates a Corpus ship and hacks into their data vaults to discover the mysterious origins of the ghost ship. With this information, Cephalon Cy releases a distress signal to summon the Tempestarii and establishes communication with the ship. Vala returns to destroy the Tempestarii, but Sevagoth's Shadow fends off the invaders. The Tenno successfully sends Vala's capital ship into the Void and returns the Shadow to its body. In the end scene, Parvos Granum is seen with Vala in the Granum Void.
Intercept Corpus shipping convoy (Arc Silver Lvl 15-18, Veil Proxima)
The Tenno travel to the Veil Proxima to scavenge resources from wrecked ships. During the Void jump, a ghostly Void Railjack passes by the cockpit, which Cy initially dismisses as a visual sensor glitch. After gathering from one spot, several Vorac Basilisks and Gox Scavengers will appear and must be fended off.
After the third scavenge, a Corpus Ship comes into view and its captain, Vala Glarios, introduces herself as a servant under Parvos Granum. Shortly after, the same Void Railjack emerges from the Void Storm, which Vala recognizes. As the Void Railjack is hostile to both Tenno and Corpus and invulnerable to fire, Cy has the Tenno's Railjack evacuate and activates a Void jump, suggesting they find what Vala knows about the Void Railjack.
Infiltrate Corpus archives (Seven Sirens Lvl 17-20, Pluto Proxima)
Automatically transitioning into the Pluto Proxima, the Tenno infiltrates the Corpus Ship in a Spy mission where all three vaults must be hacked. Cy learns the Void Railjack was an Old War rescue ship called the Tempestarii, but disappeared into a Void Storm during a mission. A Somachord fragment can be found above one of the spy vaults.
After regrouping at a Dry Dock, Cy believes that the Tempestarii is searching for its final rescue mission and suggests delivering it a distress signal.
Signal the Tempestarii (Obol Crossing Lvl 21-24, Pluto Proxima)
Deep within a Pluto Proxima Void Storm, Cy launches a distress signal to summon the Tempestarii. The Void Railjack turns hostile after Cy responds to it incorrectly, prompting the Tenno to hold out until he can reestablish communications. After Cy successfully appeases the Tempestarii, the Tenno must then board it. A Somachord fragment can be found in the Tempestarii's forge area.
The Tenno meets the Tempestarii's captain, 's Shadow, who gives them a corrupted navigation data of their final rescue mission. While repairing the data via Parazon, Vala appears and thanks the Tenno for subduing the Tempestarii before knocking them out.
The player now controls Sevagoth's in a void space against waves of Corpus enemies, and will instantly revive on death. During this, they learn that Vala was the sole survivor of a Tempestarii attack, dreaming that the fragments of her dead crew were singing, thus seeking revenge against the Void Railjack. After the song ends the Tenno awakens, protected by Sevagoth from Corpus borders, as the Tempestarii is seized by a beam generator.
The Tenno must board the Corpus vessel to destroy the beam generator. After hacking a console, they must fend off Jamming Drones (Taro Secura Ospreys) and an Optio. Once all are defeated and the hacking is complete, they must interface with a final console to destroy the station.
Cy directs the Tenno to finish the Tempestarii's final mission, triggering a jump into the Void to retrieve a lifepod. This lifepod contains the corpse of Sevagoth, who created his Shadow to continue piloting the Tempestarii and search for his body. Now reunited, Sevagoth is given a ship burial as his body is launched back into the Void. Meanwhile, Vala emerges in the Granum Void as Parvos Granum appears before her, extending his golden hand.
The player will receive Sevagoth's blueprint. They will additionally receive an inbox message containing the Tempestarii Railjack Skin, Sevagoth's Prex and Sevagoth Statuette Orbiter Decorations, and The Cold Below Captura scene.
- Players who already have a fully built prior to completion of this quest will additionally receive a Riven Mod.
- Upon completion of "Intercept Corpus shipping convoy", a Void jump will automatically transition directly into "Infiltrate Corpus archives" without docking. Should the player fail or abort the second mission, it will appear in the World State Window.
- Somachord Fragments can be found in the second and third missions, with predetermined positions. The fragments must be scanned in mission order; if players miss a fragment, they are required to replay the quest, as subsequent fragments will simply not appear. Sleeping In The Cold Below only requires two scans.
- Infiltrate Corpus archives: Random location in the Corpus Ship tileset.
- Signal the Tempestarii: The player's Railjack's or Tempestarii's forge area.
- Call of the Tempestarii is the first quest that involves Empyrean missions.
- It is also the only time where a Spy mission occurs in Empyrean
- Probably due to the unique way of how this quest progress, completing the said mission will not contribute to Nightwave acts related to spy missions
- Tempestarii (singular Tempestarius) were medieval weather-making magicians who allegedly possessed the power to raise or prevent storms at will, alluding to the titular Railjack being bound to Void Storms.
|Tenno Awakening||Awakening • Vor's Prize • Once Awake • The Archwing • Stolen Dreams • The New Strange ( ) • Natah|
|Zariman Ten Zero||The Second Dream • The War Within • Chains of Harrow ( ) • Apostasy Prologue • The Sacrifice ( )|
|The New War||Chimera Prologue • Erra • The Maker|
|Howl of the Kubrow • A Man of Few Words • Hidden Messages ( ) • The Limbo Theorem ( ) • Patient Zero ( ) • The Jordas Precept ( ) • Sands of Inaros ( ) • The Silver Grove ( ) • The Glast Gambit ( ) • Octavia's Anthem ( ) • Saya's Vigil ( ) • Mask of the Revenant ( ) • Vox Solaris ( ) • Rising Tide • The Deadlock Protocol ( ) • Heart of Deimos ( ) • Call of the Tempestarii ( ) • The Waverider ( )|
|Story and History|